Rolling Thunder Forums

The Hadals

Hadalis

Perfect Presentation Of Canabilistic Beauty

Insect-like creatures burrowed up from the depths of the ocean planet. Winged and ugly, constantly in barbaric frenzy but strongly controlled by the First Citizen. We flock from world to world, the colonization wave ever going faster and the stain of resources consumed expanding ever more.

:oops:

But fear not since they are not without reason or mercy. The First Citizen struggles to harnesses the awesome power, but succeeds.

Pleased to meet you all fellow players. I hope to have fun in this game. The many friendly and helpfull posts on this forum makes me think i will. I also hope to, in time, contribute to give out advice and maybe a spreadsheet and tool.

Insect-like creatures burrowed up from the depths of the ocean planet. Winged and ugly, constantly in barbaric frenzy but strongly controlled by the First Citizen. We flock from world to world, the colonization wave ever going faster and the stain of resources consumed expanding ever more.

:oops:

But fear not since they are not without reason or mercy. The First Citizen struggles to harnesses the awesome power, but succeeds.

Pleased to meet you all fellow players. I hope to have fun in this game. The many friendly and helpfull posts on this forum makes me think i will. I also hope to, in time, contribute to give out advice and maybe a spreadsheet and tool.

Very nice intro and welcome! Are you experiencing the 'where are my turn result' Friday jitters?

Good luck and may our peaceful ships meet in space.

Octus Imperium

:D

Ho, ho...new blood! Welcome, Hadalis ;)

May your game be merry and your fellowship cheerful!

(...and all your kills be PA :oops: )

If you have C# code that will translate PDF to TXT, you'd be well on your way with a useful tool for SN:ROTE.  I have found programs that will do it, but not the raw code ...  ;)

The quest continues ... failing that I'll have to write my own, which could be fun.  :D

-SK  :oops:

PS - Welcome to the game!

I could help you out with a mix of an open source program (pdf2text) and a perl skript

written by me to tidy up on the result (e.g. removing bottom lines and pagenumbers)

If you have C# code that will translate PDF to TXT, you'd be well on your way with a useful tool for SN:ROTE.  I have found programs that will do it, but not the raw code ...  ;)

The quest continues ... failing that I'll have to write my own, which could be fun.  :cheers:

-SK  :)

I could help you out with a mix of an open source program (pdf2text) and a perl skript

written by me to tidy up on the result (e.g. removing bottom lines and pagenumbers)

Sweet! That would be most helpful! :cheers:

Thanks!

-SK :blink:

If you have C# code that will translate PDF to TXT, you'd be well on your way with a useful tool for SN:ROTE.  I have found programs that will do it, but not the raw code ...  :P

The quest continues ... failing that I'll have to write my own, which could be fun.  :)

-SK  :ninja:

Is the save to text function in Acrobat inadequate? I have been using some of Phase Dragon' EMS which works on .txt files.

If you have C# code that will translate PDF to TXT, you'd be well on your way with a useful tool for SN:ROTE.  I have found programs that will do it, but not the raw code ...  :ranting:

The quest continues ... failing that I'll have to write my own, which could be fun.  :D

-SK  :ninja:

Is the save to text function in Acrobat inadequate? I have been using some of Phase Dragon' EMS which works on .txt files.

Thats utterly slow and the layout is not the best for most of the data.

i will give you locations for the perl-script as soon as I

can get it up on a server.

pdftotext is part of cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com) install the xpdf, now you have

an pdf-viewer and the tools pdftotext.exe available.

The perl-script can be used to tidy it up.