Rolling Thunder Forums

Hello and Question

Chargerman

Hi I'm just found the site/game a short while ago and some friends and i were interested in playing in the next game. I have submitted my set-up and await an account # so I can Paypal my set-up fee. My question is do we have an ETA or is there some place i should look to see when the next game is going to start of how many people are needed to fill the game? I could be bringing four new players not including myself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to subjugating some of you under my rule. :P

Chargerman

Rule #1

Never use an Orc when a Moose will do.

Rule #2

No boom today...... Boom tomorrow, there is allways a boom tomorrow!!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that all depends on which game you are interested in. This is the board for Supernova which is an ongoing game. The other game that RTG runs is Victory!! and it has new games that start frequently. There is another forum below the supernova for Victory!! questions.

I hope you are looking at supernova.

Supernova starts come out when the turns run, which will be in about a week so if you have submitted a lifeform design and you will get a setup turn next weekend when turns are run.

Welcome aboard.

:P:taz::ranting:

Yes it was Super Nova I/ we are interested in. I thought about editing my post cause i realized i did not put in in my post but said NAAA this is the SN board they will know.... :P I have sent in (Wed last week) my form but have yet to get an account # to send my set-up fees.

Yes it was Super Nova I/ we are interested in.  I thought about editing my post cause i realized i did not put in in my post but said NAAA this is the SN board they will know.... :P  I have sent in (Wed last week) my form but have yet to get an account # to send my set-up fees.

Well, first off, welcome to the neighborhood...er, galaxy. You'll probably have to wait to subjugate your first few players until after you grow a little bit :ranting: Expect a little resistance :taz:

If you've already sent in your race setup sheet to RTG, they usually process them on the next turn cycle...count on Pete programming your empire and producing your first turn on the next cycle, which begins on this coming Weds, with results out on Fri/Sat. If you have friends playing, I recommend you all send in your setups as soon as possible, so you can be placed "relatively" close in the galaxy.

Look forward to seeing you in the mix! :drunk:

Hi I'm just found the site/game a short while ago and some friends and i were interested in playing in the next game.  I have submitted my set-up and await an account # so I can Paypal my set-up fee.  My question is do we have an ETA or is there some place i should look to see when the next game is going to start of how many people are needed to fill the game?  I could be bringing four new players not including myself.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to subjugating some of you under my rule. :taz:

Chargerman

Rule #1

Never use an Orc when a Moose will do.

Rule #2

No boom today...... Boom tomorrow, there is allways a boom tomorrow!!!!!!

Welcome to you and your firends. More targ... err candidates :P are certainly needed. Not all of the information is in the Rule books.

Personally I find this game is more like a Wagnerian Opera than a hip hop concert so expect things to develop slowly. On the other hand, it is complex, the research tree is deep and wide and it is hard to get knocked out if you plan well which is why I enjoy this game as much as I do.

Aloha :ranting:

Joy of Joys!! i just got an email from Russ with an account # so i am all setup for next turn!! All witness the rise of Mente Praeditus!!!!!

I look forward to aggressive negations with some of you and long fruitful partnerships with those of who are ......... reasonable.

But thank you for the warm welcome, I'll get the other bums in my crew on the stick ASAP.

:taz::drunk::P:ranting:

Mente Praeditus

Well i did say "subjugating some of you" and thats where the reasonable part comes in.

I do look forward to the challenge tangling with the Vets out there.

Am i reading the forums correctly thats a sizable number of players are running multiple empries. This seem a little.... unsporting. Is that still that case?

Am i reading the forums correctly thats a sizable number of players are running multiple empries.  This seem a little.... unsporting.  Is that still that case?

No, you've got that right. Like "reasonable," it all depends on your point of view. When attacked by someone controlling multiple empires, all with the ability to concentrate on your one empire, knowing that it is "unsporting" will not give you much succor. This is where increased "reasonable-ness" might buy you allies and thus your survival.

Attempts to subjugate your neighbors right out of the chute...well, that might not be wise. But if that's your style, WHAPO or the PA might be for you. :blink:

Yes there are players who run more than one empire. I currently have two. However, your two empires will almost never encounter each other. Everyone is in the same galaxy but it is a big galaxy. Trying to find one specific postion is neigh impossible unless you started at roughly the same time. My experience is that most players don't start two postions at the same time. If someone was to encounter another one of their postions they would be a formidable alliance.

Attempts to subjugate your neighbors right out of the chute...well, that might not be wise.  But if that's your style, WHAPO or the PA might be for you.  :)

LOL ok somehow my attempts at humor have fallen on a sore spot. I fully expect to be learning the in's and out's of SN for some time. I am not so foolish or inexperenced with this type of game to think i will be in any position to defeat any of my neighbors who are veteran players or established empires. How ever if there are Leaders out there that think they can roll right over me like a total noob they are in for a little suprise.

This is shaping up to be ALOT of fun and i don't even have a first turn yet!!!

:P:blink::blink: