Rolling Thunder Forums

Migration to colonies

AKO

Hello all,

The last cycle our empire saw an influx of travellers from around the universe, volunteering to join the workforce on our excellent leisure colonies. Activities on offer include collecting grains, treasure hunts for precious metals and finding iron ore, among others. Revenues to be given to the organisers (the imperial stockpiles) ofcourse.

Did others also see a sudden increase in numbers and colonies that were affected? Or is the United Republic of Scanners the holiday destination of choice?

Kind regards,

the shogunate had the same number of volunteers rushing to till our improved rice paddies which i am sure you all know.. allows us to produce improved sake! :)

check out the Starbars East! opening in a system near you. improved sake and (fill in a recently defeated enemy) sushi for that upscale afterwork meeting.

takeda

We noticed migration only to colonies with the same atmosphere as the homeworld. Has anybody seen migration to colonies with a different atmophere than their homeworld?

Not here. Had migration to worlds with Chlorine, Ammonia, and Vacumn (and of course the HW with Carbon Dioxide). Of course this is a colonizer race. But I never imagined an Asteriod would be some place attractive to migrate to. Silly pop.

If anything, I have to say all this migration / increased growth is bad for my colonies. Why? Well, each is already well populated with all the pop and supporting infrastructure to mine what is useful on those worlds. So more pop is NOT needed. If anything, now I have to start adding some ships with colonial berthings to the cargo routes ... to bring the excess POP home. Because they are of no use on the colonies. Or I can let them sit and pile up being useless. Heck, I many have to consider tearing down some buildings to make the worlds less attractive.

Thanks for the feedback.

The additional pop could be usefull when working in Industrial Complexes, either to work on defenses or to create the iron into steel to lessen the shipping requirements. Every pop is welcome in any of my colonies.

We noticed migration only to colonies with the same atmosphere as the homeworld. Has anybody seen migration to colonies with a different atmophere than their homeworld?

Increase in all colonies- including asteroid belts. Very high rates of pay there. Even had an influx to a colony on a hot world (290K), that was set-up as an experiment (to see if the various structures did mitigate the heat that kills off my colonists sooo well)!

They must belong to an obscure, and rapidly dwindling, heat loving cult!

Increase in all colonies- including asteroid belts. Very high rates of pay there. Even had an influx to a colony on a hot world (290K), that was set-up as an experiment (to see if the various structures did mitigate the heat that kills off my colonists sooo well)!

They must belong to an obscure, and rapidly dwindling, heat loving cult!

Similar to Canadians in Florida this time of year, except for the dwindling comment? (Ducking the missiles being lobbed my way from the north.)

Octus

I did not see any unusual increase in pop last turn. I guess our colonies are more dour then I thought.  :)

We feel your pain of a shared experience...

Octus

(In other words, no change for two empires, both only moderate colonizers.)

So what was the difference then? Did we not build the right structures to be attractive? I have one colony with some attrition, the rest have none.

I did not see any unusual increase in pop last turn. I guess our colonies are more dour then I thought.  :)

We feel your pain of a shared experience...

Octus

(In other words, no change for two empires, both only moderate colonizers.)

So what was the difference then? Did we not build the right structures to be attractive? I have one colony with some attrition, the rest have none.

My imigration colonies had all either buildings and/or administrative characters on it.