Rolling Thunder Forums

Clearing Shipyard Queue

Chargerman

Looking at the Orders Sup. i would think you clear the Pathfinders in my Queue i do not want to build by an EB order, is that correct??  if not how?? <_<

Thanks

No, not correct.

I know no order to cancel ship building orders.

These pathfinders are actually useful ships.

If you want to build another ship earlier then these Pathfinders either build shipyards slips

which increase the number of ships you can build per turn or us a rather low priority

for you SHIP order, e.g. 10.

You are not supposed to be able to scrap any ships that are waiting to be finished.  They have to finish being built and then you can scrap them.  If you want to free up your shipyard slips then build more slips so the ships complete and get out of the way.

:)

Hobknob, you are correct about ships that are being built. However any ships in your queue that have not started can be scrapped. You can build more slips and then scrap all of the ships waiting to start since shipyards dont start working until after orders are processed.

Actually you should not be able to scrap ships that are in a shipyard. To scrap something you need to have a fleet to find the ship in the first place. There are no fleet designations for the shipyard dock so the order should not work. It may very well work as you say for the starting pathfinders, but it shouldn't work unless something else is also broken. Pete addressed this very specifically early on that the starting pathfinders had to be completed before they could then be scrapped.

I don't doubt that it may have happened since you claim that it has, but it is not "supposed" to be able to be done.

Maybe Pete has changed the way things are working again...shrug...

For pathfinders I found them to be useful, I am still using my original pathfinders with a core position so I think they are plenty useful. Which begs the question, Why bother scrapping them in the first place? Seems like a waste of orders to me.

:):D:cheers:

Actually you should not be able to scrap ships that are in a shipyard.  To scrap something you need to have a fleet to find the ship in the first place.  There are no fleet designations for the shipyard dock so the order should not work.  It may very well work as you say for the starting pathfinders, but it shouldn't work unless something else is also broken.  Pete addressed this very specifically early on that the starting pathfinders had to be completed before they could then be scrapped.

I don't doubt that it may have happened since you claim that it has, but it is not "supposed" to be able to be done. 

Maybe Pete has changed the way things are working again...shrug...

For pathfinders I found them to be useful, I am still using my original pathfinders with a core position so I think they are plenty useful.  Which begs the question, Why bother scrapping them in the first place?  Seems like a waste of orders to me.

:)  :D  :cheers:

Hobknob, I don't think what I am saying is inconsistent with your point. I am just pointing to a loophole in the way things work. Facilities are constructed prior to shipyard operation so it is possible to build the slips and then scrap the ships rather than build them.

And for those of you worried about those poor crews who had no place to go, there was actually a more effective design on the drawing boards that we built instead. Our trained crews were ecstatic at the chance to fly in the updated designs. In fact we had to train more crews because we were able to build more exploration vessels.

If you have 5 ships in the Queue and you build up your Shipyard Slip capacity to a total of 10, the system will build then scrap your ships. I only did this once - *years* ago - when I designed and built a series of ships with no Jump Drives. D'oh! :cheers:

I do concur with Hobknob that there is no reason to scrap your initial Pathfinders.

-SK :)

If you have 5 ships in the Queue and you build up your Shipyard Slip capacity to a total of 10, the system will build then scrap your ships.  I only did this once - *years* ago - when I designed and built a series of ships with no Jump Drives. D'oh!  :cheers:

I do concur with Hobknob that there is no reason to scrap your initial Pathfinders.

-SK  :)

No jump drives

No fuel tankage

Forgot to add the NTWD

The list is almost endless.....

However, I am still using the occassional, original Pathfinder.

Octus