Rolling Thunder Forums

Neutronium

Prospective

And please don't say "absolutely nothing"... :)

Last turn, one of my explorations fleets came across this:

Exploration teams from Fleet #306 search xxxxxxxxxxx for anything of interest, and discover a long-deserted colony here!

They examine their discovery quite closely, and much is learned concerning Neutronium technology!

Now, being a Star Trek fan, I recollect that "The Doomsday Device" had a hull made of "pure neutronium". This makes me wonder if Neutronium is an armor that comes beyond T'ckon 68.

Or, perhaps this is the substance that was mentioned in a post a few months ago which alleged there is something that is better than armor to increase a ships integrity.

Anyone care to discuss this?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exploration teams from Fleet #306 search xxxxxxxxxxx for anything of interest, and discover a long-deserted colony here!

They examine their discovery quite closely, and much is learned concerning Neutronium technology!

Now, being a Star Trek fan, I recollect that "The Doomsday Device" had a hull made of "pure neutronium".  This makes me wonder if Neutronium is an armor that comes beyond T'ckon 68. 

Or, perhaps this is the substance that was mentioned in a post a few months ago which alleged there is something that is better than armor to increase a ships integrity.

well it may very well be something to increase integrity other then armor as

T'ckon 68 is described as the very best armor that can be placed on a ship.

Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see. Just another thread corner prophet ranting about doomsday and some imaginary item. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. So move along. Nothing here at all. Move along. If your looking for excitement there's a great fighter battle a couple of threads down. That's it, keep moving .. nothing here at all.

I believe it's a ground combat thing. Really high end though. Now you have .1 RC's worth of research on it so when you eventually get to research it things will go just a little bit faster.

I am sure that all the folks who have Tckon 68 would love to have another armor to go even higher.

:)

I believe it's a ground combat thing.  Really high end though.  Now you have .1 RC's worth of research on it so when you eventually get to research it things will go just a little bit faster.

I am sure that all the folks who have Tckon 68 would love to have another armor to go even higher.

:cheers:

Another armor eh? That would be a bit much. 1000 integrity per ton is plenty. :)

Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see.  Just another thread corner prophet ranting about doomsday and some imaginary item.  If you've seen one, you've seen them all.  So move along.  Nothing here at all.  Move along.  If your looking for excitement there's a great fighter battle a couple of threads down.  That's it, keep moving .. nothing here at all.

Seriously, you have to practice the Jedi Mind Trick thing a little more....... :)

Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see.  Just another thread corner prophet ranting about doomsday and some imaginary item.  If you've seen one, you've seen them all.  So move along.  Nothing here at all.  Move along.  If your looking for excitement there's a great fighter battle a couple of threads down.  That's it, keep moving .. nothing here at all.

Seriously, you have to practice the Jedi Mind Trick thing a little more....... :)

Now about that fighter battle.....

Now, being a Star Trek fan, I recollect that "The Doomsday Device" had a hull made of "pure neutronium".  This makes me wonder if Neutronium is an armor that comes beyond T'ckon 68. 

Too bad you didn't get a couple of handfuls of Neutronium instead. Would be an interesting ANZ.... Unless it is a horizon tech and no handfuls are available.

Octus

And please don't say "absolutely nothing"... :cheers:

From a purely analytical context, since EXPL finds are now modified by what your Empire already knows, you may already have an indicator ... :D

-SK :)

Octus,

Yes, I agree, it's too bad I didn't get any samples. Just the technical breakthru :) No idea if it's a horizon tech, but don't all horizon techs have the "x generation <insert category here>" format?

WKE235,

Interesting reaction. Perhaps you know something about Neutronium that you'd be willing to share with everyone? Is this the fabled item that is "better" than T'ckon 68?

CLEernest,

I don't think anyone can have a strong enough armor. Always room for improvement.

Hobknob,

Interesting thought that it could be a ground combat item. Of course, I would have expected it to say something like "Neutronium Power Armor" if it was used in ground combat, not just simply Neutronium.