Rolling Thunder Forums

What Can Your Empire Actually Build

Morgwen

One of the drawbacks to this game is not having an order that gives you a list of things your Empire can actually build.

The RTD order does not do that.

To my knowledge, there is no order to find that out.

What would be useful to me is an order that would give me that information... Akin to the RTD, maybe an .... ATB (Available to Build) order.

Example... I know I cannont produce Light Fanatics, but the only way I know that is by trying and being told that I don't have the ability.

Can be frustrating in the long run <g>.

Just my thoughts.

Morgwen

One of the drawbacks to this game is not having an order that gives you a list of things your Empire can actually build.

The RTD order does not do that.

To my knowledge, there is no order to find that out.

What would be useful to me is an order that would give me that information... Akin to the RTD, maybe an .... ATB (Available to Build) order.

Example... I know I cannont produce Light Fanatics, but the only way I know that is by trying and being told that I don't have the ability.

Can be frustrating in the long run <g>.

Just my thoughts.

Morgwen

Theres an order for that.. The RTD order will give you a list of all the tech items

you have and this includes things you can build. Granted it can get really really long but .... thats another subject. :ninja:

I would like to disagree with you on the response :D.

On the RTD order, it does give you a full list of items.... But, not all of them are you able to build. The example I gave of the Fanatics is an actual one. I may "understand" what they are and what they cost to build, but I do not possess the "technology" to do so.

Real Examples:

Light Fanatics

Heavy Fanatics

Mk III Jump Survey Sensors

Improved Construction Material

The Point I believe is that I feel (justly or not - <g>), that if it's in your RTD list then you should be able to build it. If you can't, then there should be a list that shows you what can be built.

I would presume that you are simply lacking the materials to build those items. If a neighbor gave you the improved steel then you should be able to build the item. The same should also hold tru on the others. Fanatic troops are a bit of an issue as it takw some serious tech to get them working.

:D

we just got the option for fanatical pop. Should we research that tech? Does it do anything besides the troops? Are the troops worth it?

NO, do not research it. They are completely worthless......., :P

ok, maybe not. Let's put it this way, I have not lost a single ground battle in which I used Fanatical Divisions! :cheers:

They also make great and very loyal StarBars managers and employees, extremely loyal!! :D:drunk::cheers: