Rolling Thunder Forums

Ghost Nine Armor

NeilGartner

As I understand it from this forum that cloaking systems are currently 'broken'.  Does this also effect Ghost Nine Armor as well?  I have a list of technologies that I am planning to pursuit and I need to know if this technology is worth the effort.

Thank you.

Cheers.  :P

c,;\

Not sure if its broken but Ghost Nine Armor Coating is a defense against Coherant Beam weapons. Once researched it opens up ShadowCloak Armor coating

which is one of the prequisites for those Cloaks if Im not mistaken. :D

As I understand it from this forum that cloaking systems are currently 'broken'.  Does this also effect Ghost Nine Armor as well?  I have a list of technologies that I am planning to pursuit and I need to know if this technology is worth the effort.

Thank you.

Cheers.   :drunk:

c,;\

Not sure if its broken but Ghost Nine Armor Coating is a defense against Coherant Beam weapons. Once researched it opens up ShadowCloak Armor coating

I wouldn't mind in trying to get cloaking technology but I read on another post that players were complaining that low level cargoships were detecting their vessels while undercloak. Either there is a glitch or people are not using them right. However, I can't believe that Pete would allow a problem like this to go on, so it has to be us. :P

Cheers :cheers:

Thank you.

Cheers.   :cheers:

c,;\

I wouldn't mind in trying to get cloaking technology but I read on another post that players were complaining that low level cargoships were detecting their vessels while undercloak. Either there is a glitch or people are not using them right. However, I can't believe that Pete would allow a problem like this to go on, so it has to be us. :drunk:

Cheers :cheers:

Actually Pete has mentioned that Cloaks arent working as they should be but that

doesnt mean that they wont eventually get fixed.

What one needs to understand however is that these 'cloaking devices' are not

omnipotent. They are just yet another gadget designed to give an equipped ship

an advantage against another that doesnt have the counter.

The problem with them is that a ships not equipped with any of the counters to cloaks have been detecting them much easier then they should be able to. :P

Thank you.

Cheers.   :cheers:

c,;\

I wouldn't mind in trying to get cloaking technology but I read on another post that players were complaining that low level cargoships were detecting their vessels while undercloak. Either there is a glitch or people are not using them right. However, I can't believe that Pete would allow a problem like this to go on, so it has to be us. :cheers:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Actually Pete has mentioned that Cloaks arent working as they should be but that

doesnt mean that they wont eventually get fixed.

What one needs to understand however is that these 'cloaking devices' are not

omnipotent. They are just yet another gadget designed to give an equipped ship

an advantage against another that doesnt have the counter.

The problem with them is that a ships not equipped with any of the counters to cloaks have been detecting them much easier then they should be able to. :drunk:

Also in a kinda related subject... We no idea what benefits all this favor

gained from deities actually does but something tells me that you wont get

the full benefits unless you actually have troops actually able to use the favor ie

fanatics. :P

Well, that is the problem isn't it. Once cloaks get fixed everybody will have the tech or the counter to it so those that got them first have mostly wasted the research. They don't work now and it is nothing that we are doing wrong. They simply don't work.

They are supposed to make the initial fleet sighting much more difficult than normal. Then the counter is the right kind of shipboard systems which would increase your chances. They are not some sort of defensive system used in combat.

Ghost nine works just fine as does the next one. It is only cloaks that don't work.

:D

General Miles Avatar,

Apparently troops gain no effect whatsoever from having religious favour and that blur in the RTD and descriptor about Light and Heavy Fanatics having some sort of religious bonus is just sheer fluff. They have a wide area of covered techs but are not special in any other way

Cheers

/Locklyn

General Miles Avatar,

Apparently troops gain no effect whatsoever from having religious favour and that blur in the RTD and descriptor about Light and Heavy Fanatics having some sort of religious bonus is just sheer fluff. They have a wide area of covered techs but are not special in any other way

Cheers

/Locklyn

Then what use is the Favour? What is it used for, and how much do you know you've got?

Or is it just random?

General Miles Avatar,

Cheers

/Locklyn

Then what use is the Favour? What is it used for, and how much do you know you've got?

Or is it just random?

Perhaps there is a 'LUCK' factor that is modified with religious favor? Who knows?

The Shadow knows and Im sure the Oracle. :D

Well, that is the problem isn't it.  Once cloaks get fixed everybody will have the tech or the counter to it so those that got them first have mostly wasted the research.  They don't work now and it is nothing that we are doing wrong.  They simply don't work.

They are supposed to make the initial fleet sighting much more difficult than normal.  Then the counter is the right kind of shipboard systems which would increase your chances.  They are not some sort of defensive system used in combat.

Ghost nine works just fine as does the next one.  It is only cloaks that don't work. 

:P

That is oh so true Hobknob. Perhaps they will become a bit more potent to compensate? I doubt it but one can hope. :D

I know I almost have or may already have cloak dectors. I have MkI Gravitic Sensors but it sounds like the sensor web is more built toward cloak detecion. Meanwhile I have seen no signs of cloaking in my sector of space. Still if you move fast enough you could get cloaks before other empires in your area get the nessescary sensors.

I know I almost have or may already have cloak dectors. I have MkI Gravitic Sensors but it sounds like the sensor web is more built toward cloak detecion. Meanwhile I have seen no signs of cloaking in my sector of space. Still if you move fast enough you could get cloaks before other empires in your area get the nessescary sensors.

But if it's broken, what's the point. And as espionage isn't working either (is it?) it's no use as a way of dropping off a spy.