Rolling Thunder Forums

Fuel Usage

Magus666

This is probably a dumb question, but I cant seem to find the answer in the rules. Fuel is needed for a Warp Transition. The higher the Warp Point Class, the higher the multiplier to the "base" fuel usage. And "base" fuel usage is dependant on the mass of the ship. But what IS the base?? The beginning Pathfinder scouts are 12,000 ton ships and have 1200 ton fuel tankage. Does this mean the base is 1 ton of fuel for every 10 tons of ship mass? But if this is true...then a Pathfinder couldnt even traverse a Class B WP, since it has a modifier of 2.

This is probably a dumb question, but I cant seem to find the answer in the rules. Fuel is needed for a Warp Transition. The higher the Warp Point Class, the higher the multiplier to the "base" fuel usage. And "base" fuel usage is dependant on the mass of the ship. But what IS the base?? The beginning Pathfinder scouts are 12,000 ton ships and have 1200 ton fuel tankage. Does this mean the base is 1 ton of fuel for every 10 tons of ship mass? But if this is true...then a Pathfinder couldnt even traverse a Class B WP, since it has a modifier of 2.

It is the mass of the ship divided by 1000 and multiplied by the fuel rating of the WP with

A=1

B=2

C=4

D=9

E=16

etc.

Therefore a Pathfinder uses 24 T of Fuel to traverse a B class WP. Hope this answers your question.

Perfectly. Thanks. Thats exactly the number I needed so that I can figure out how much fuel tankage to put on my ships.

Unless I have a specific route in mind or a particular design, I assume 4 times a Class E in my designs (or 64 times the ships mass (in 1000s). I also carry enough Fuel Shuttles to be able to refill by skimming a GG with two orders.

Just put 10% of mass into fuel tanks and you should be fine for most things. You should also plan on refueling at large so you will need some number of fuel shuttles to do that as well.

It does not pay to either have no fuel shuttles or too few fuel shuttles in a design.

:drunk:

Just put 10% of mass into fuel tanks and you should be fine for most things.  You should also plan on refueling at large so you will need some number of fuel shuttles to do that as well.

It does not pay to either have no fuel shuttles or too few fuel shuttles in a design.

:blink:

Yeah, refueling "stations" at strategic locations are nice. :taz:

Remember that the SKIM Order can be placed into a Convoy Route, Magus. :taz:

-SK :drunk: