Rolling Thunder Forums

Advanced Heavy MRLS technology

Octus Imperium

So, any thoughts about this particular find? As in, what does MRLS stand for? It escapes me at the moment.

Also, based on a rash of Cloaking Type C tech finds, wonder if we should start on that branch of research. Not complaining (much), but wouldn't mind some more practical research hits.

Such as the Razor Wire research we just discovered.

Oh, found some Heavy ESAP Beams. Quite the divergent group of finds this cycle of XEXPLs. Anyone else with neat toys found on alien worlds?

Octus Imperium :laugh:

So, any thoughts about this particular find? As in, what does MRLS stand for? It escapes me at the moment.

Also, based on a rash of Cloaking Type C tech finds, wonder if we should start on that branch of research. Not complaining (much), but wouldn't mind some more practical research hits.

Oh, found some Heavy ESAP Beams. Quite the divergent group of finds this cycle of XEXPLs. Anyone else with neat toys found on alien worlds?

MRLS = Multiple Rocket Launcher System, artillery material launching many unguided rockets simulteanously , typical wwii systems were nebelwerfer for germany or katyucha (sp?) for soviet union. ?

Sounds like a ground tech.

I found some Energy Absorber Grids on a remote colony world. I assume that they are a spin off from Energy Creature knowledge but I wont know until I pick them up..

Thanks for the help! I was hoping for something 'sexier' for the MRLS meaning....

Octus

Mk I Energy Absorber Grids are an offshoot of MK II Force Shield research

and are a defensive system(10000 tons) that will protect the equipped ship

from Energy Disruptors to an adequate degree. Now all this is conjecture as I dont think the new upgrade to defensive systems is active quite yet. :laugh:

Thanks for the help! I was hoping for something 'sexier' for the MRLS meaning....

Octus

Well, a MRLS may not be a 12th generation hyper-death beam, but as general ground military tech goes, I imagine it would be useful and isnt neccesarily "old stuff".

http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/mlrs/index.html

I would think it would be at least an Impressive or Superior system since I cannot research MRLS at this point. This is assuming that there is an MRLS followed by a Heavy MRLS.

Octus Imperium :)

MRLS is Ground Tech. It makes your Artillery capable units better.

I'd wait on the Cloaking Type C a bit, at least until Pete declares it working properly. Right now, cloaking technology works about as well as standing around with a branch in front of your face while repeating "I am a hedge" or disguising your ship to look like a Police Box. :D

-SK :alien2:

Octus Imperium :D

MRLS is Ground Tech. It makes your Artillery capable units better.

I'd wait on the Cloaking Type C a bit, at least until Pete declares it working properly. Right now, cloaking technology works about as well as standing around with a branch in front of your face while repeating "I am a hedge" or disguising your ship to look like a Police Box. :blink:

-SK :alien2:

Hey at least the Police Box would fool some people. :)

ESAP stuff is derived from Energy Sapper Creature knowledge. 

In order to research it you first have to find the creature and get some knowledge form it.  Then the tech line will open up for you. 

ESAP is not cold based.

:rolleyes:  :wacko:  :cheers:

From the sounds of this reply, it appears someone has found the elusive critter. Or being misleading. Or both.

Will be bringing the Heavy ESAP home this necxt cycle and ANZ away. However, why do I think I would get better tech tree intel if it had been the Light ESAP version?

Octus :P