Rolling Thunder Forums

Strange turn happenings

Chargerman

What is the best E-mail to get to Pete,  I think there was a glitch with my turn.  I sent an email to supernova@rollingthunder.com but have not heard back at all.  I sent it late Friday night.  Is that the wrong address or am I being impatient?

Thanks

You can also try Pete@rollingthunder.com. I think Russ monitors the first email address so it may be delayed in getting to Pete.

BTW, I emailed Pete on Saturday and got a response.

Usually you get responses on friday through saturday ie when turns run and pete catches up on his email so be prepared to wait untill next turn to actually get it fixed. If it is a major bug call him or russ. Also double and triplecheck that the error is not on your end of the keyboard :laugh: You may THINK you did the right thing but from my experience both Imperial Palace turn entry and the game itself is a hard and unforgiving mistress

Cheers

/Locklyn

Usually you get responses on friday through saturday ie when turns run and pete catches up on his email so be prepared to wait untill next turn to actually get it fixed. If it is a major bug call him or russ. Also double and triplecheck that the error is not on your end of the keyboard :laugh: You may THINK you did the right thing but from my experience both Imperial Palace turn entry and the game itself is a hard and unforgiving mistress

Cheers

/Locklyn

This is unfortunately true :D

and only by double checking the submited turn, do you notice things you should have caught before sending off the turn.

Usually you get responses on friday through saturday ie when turns run and pete catches up on his email so be prepared to wait untill next turn to actually get it fixed. If it is a major bug call him or russ. Also double and triplecheck that the error is not on your end of the keyboard :alien2: You may THINK you did the right thing but from my experience both Imperial Palace turn entry and the game itself is a hard and unforgiving mistress

Cheers

/Locklyn

This is unfortunately true :)

and only by double checking the submited turn, do you notice things you should have caught before sending off the turn.

I always write down what i am going to do and then I double check my turn submission a couple of days after I enter it in Imperial Palace and I still find that I screw up something every once in a while. :D Usually it is due to some typo that slipped through.

Usually you get responses on friday through saturday ie when turns run and pete catches up on his email so be prepared to wait untill next turn to actually get it fixed. If it is a major bug call him or russ. Also double and triplecheck that the error is not on your end of the keyboard :alien2: You may THINK you did the right thing but from my experience both Imperial Palace turn entry and the game itself is a hard and unforgiving mistress

Cheers

/Locklyn

This is unfortunately true :D

I always write down what i am going to do and then I double check my turn submission a couple of days after I enter it in Imperial Palace and I still find that I screw up something every once in a while. :blink: Usually it is due to some typo that slipped through.

A big enemy is the autofill function in Imperial Palace which may be your best friend or your worst enemy if you don't check what it fills in...perhaps your ship is not at all in Aardvaark but in Ardvark system? :)

/Locklyn

Did you enter it as 8,000,000 or as 8000000? I think entering it like 8,000,000 might cause this problem.

Calamaran.

Yes, always enter numbers without commas. This requirement along with the aforementioned autofill function are two excellent reasons for doublechecking your turn entry.

Another thing to watch out for is correctly entering the fleet numbers. It is easy to transpose the numbers while typing (especially for me :alien2: ) and give the orders to the wrong fleet on the opposite side of the empire. No one has flown into a star yet but it is always good to double check.

Did you enter it as 8,000,000 or as 8000000? I think entering it like 8,000,000 might cause this problem.

Calamaran.

Yes, always enter numbers without commas. This requirement along with the aforementioned autofill function are two excellent reasons for doublechecking your turn entry.

Another thing to watch out for is correctly entering the fleet numbers. It is easy to transpose the numbers while typing (especially for me :alien2: ) and give the orders to the wrong fleet on the opposite side of the empire. No one has flown into a star yet but it is always good to double check.

Happened to me last turn- thankfully the fleet wasn't meant to be doing anything that important.

This is very discouraging. So many mistakes I have yet to make! Except for putting in the wrong number for a colony in the middle of a long convoy route. I was wondering why those fleets never loaded stuff at that world. Like fuel! At least the fingers got the OC order correct. Why bring all those colonists and their junk (CM, Coal, etc.) back to the HW?

Octus

Just this turn we discovered that a convoy route was dutifully picking up 25000 iron from my homeworld, taking it one jump to a colony word, offloading it, loading it, bringing it back to the homeworld and dropping it off.

We have no idea how long this has been going on and, frankly, we're a little scared to find out.

Cats responsible for that convoy route have been sacked. There are no current plans to let them out again.

-Sha'thar

Just this turn we discovered that a convoy route was dutifully picking up 25000 iron from my homeworld, taking it one jump to a colony word, offloading it, loading it, bringing it back to the homeworld and dropping it off.

We have no idea how long this has been going on and, frankly, we're a little scared to find out.

Cats responsible for that convoy route have been sacked.  There are no current plans to let them out again.

-Sha'thar

Maybe this was some sort of scam or smuggling scheme.