Rolling Thunder Forums

New post

Mourngrym

Hi,

I was wondering if there were other new players around in this game.

Just finished my first orders, I am sure we will both have a lot of questions and it's fun talking about the game!

Contact me by private message so I can give you my email adress.

Mourngrym

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth -- there are no players in this game. Everything, including all the posts by different names, the imagined game results, the made up errors ... all are postings by one of Pete's many deranged personalities. Even Russ is just another one of Pete's imaginative personallities.

Yep, even I am one of those many thoughts bouncing around in his skull. I admit I'm one of the wiser, more intelligent, more thoughtful, more compasionate of the ids floating about. And probably the only one completely sane (sad but true). But still, I'm just a part of a very confused whole.

Come to think of it, you are probably just another new aspect of Pete. Another stray thought come to life. So here I am talking to myself again. Arrgghh .. I hate it when that happens. That's it .. time to recede from view once more.... :rolleyes:

Damn,

I bet you are studying psychology?

So what I am doing is playing against my other personalities?

Way to go!

So I do live in the USA instead of the Netherlands then?

Anyway, I really enjoy the game Pete created!

Walt. :rolleyes:

Damn,

Way to go!

Walt. :cheers:

Actually a lot of psychologists are making a study of him? :rolleyes:

They can take all the blood samples they like, make all the measurements of my brains activity they desire, even test me until their fingers bleed from processing all results ... the workings of my mind are one of the things man was not meant to know.

Anyway, all you whipper snappers are annoying me. Get off my lawn before I call your parents on ya. Or maybe I'll sic ol'yeller here on your fat behinds. Go on now .. Git! :P

Damn,

Way to go!

Walt. :wacko:

Actually a lot of psychologists are making a study of him? :rolleyes:

The inmates are running the insane asylum..... :ranting::P:cheers:

(Sha'thar rolls her eyes and sighs)

Anyway.... welcome to the universe! Here are some useful hints... or at least I've found them useful.

Mine all the Iron you can, all the time. When you think you have enough, build more.

Cargo bays are life.

Hydropower and Geothermal plants generate power even if there's not potential for these resources on the planet.

Any others? Without going into deep detail regarding mathmatical formuli or spreadsheets?

-Sha'thar

Hydropower and Geothermal plants generate power even if there's not potential for these resources on the planet.

Hmmm....really? But at what rate? Is it the terrible 1000 listed in the Items and Installation Guide? With a good Hydro rating, mine are producing almost 12,000 Power, but I wouldnt have built them if they were only going to produce 1000.

(Sha'thar rolls her eyes and sighs)

Anyway.... welcome to the universe! Here are some useful hints... or at least I've found them useful.

Mine all the Iron you can, all the time.  When you think you have enough, build more.

Cargo bays are life.

Any others?  Without going into deep detail regarding mathmatical formuli or spreadsheets?

-Sha'thar

While not life, there is no advanced version of Drone Racks, Fighter Bays or Troop Berthings, just the things that go in them. So you will always have a use for Steel. :cheers:

No matter how few engines you have on a ship, it will always have a 2 AP.

Never build Cargo Barges or "mine" Mineral Fertilizer! :oops:

FWIW,

-SK :woohoo:

Hmmm....really? But at what rate? Is it the terrible 1000 listed in the Items and Installation Guide? With a good Hydro rating, mine are producing almost 12,000 Power, but I wouldnt have built them if they were only going to produce 1000.

Sha'Thar is correct but the trade off is that at a Hydro or Geo rating less than 200, Fission plants are better to build. You get more power for a given amount of Construction Materials.

Sha'Thar is correct but the trade off is that at a Hydro or Geo rating less than 200, Fission plants are better to build. You get more power for a given amount of Construction Materials.

Yes...but what if the planet has NO potential (IE, no yeild rating) for geothermal or Hydropower, as Sha'Thar said? Do they actually still produce any power? Low potentials can still be worked with (especially if you also have limited Radioactives), but no potential shouldnt produce anything, unless there is a lower limit (like 1000 as stated in the Item and Installation guide). They still wouldnt be efficient, but at least not useless.

They always produce 1000 power. Recycling colonist sweat and treadmill shaking does create a certain amount of power :woohoo:

/Locklyn

Yes...but what if the planet has NO potential (IE, no yeild rating) for geothermal or Hydropower, as Sha'Thar said? Do they actually still produce any power? Low potentials can still be worked with (especially if you also have limited Radioactives), but no potential shouldnt produce anything, unless there is a lower limit (like 1000 as stated in the Item and Installation guide). They still wouldnt be efficient, but at least not useless.

Even Coal Fired Power Plants generate more per Construction Material than a Hydro or Geo plant with no Hydro or Geo potential. If you don't have the resources, ship in the needed items (Processed Radioactives or Coal) on a convoy route. I really don't foresee a circumstance where using Hydro and Geo plants in places where there is no Hydro or Geo potential is the better alternative.