Rolling Thunder Forums

Warp Nexii

Magus666

OK....because I just ran into ELEVEN in one place, types A through K. Yes, K. THAT one is gonna be a major pain to crack. It better lead to the Ancient's Vault of Eternal Goodies. It also doesnt help that that one is sitting practically on top of the star's photosphere.....

OK....because I just ran into ELEVEN in one place, types A through K. Yes, K. THAT one is gonna be a major pain to crack. It better lead to the Ancient's Vault of Eternal Goodies. It also doesnt help that that one is sitting practically on top of the star's photosphere.....

The normal range on the big nexi is 8-10, with roughly half those warp points dead ending into single systems.

As for the K, that might be one of the few sightings- I have only seen/heard up to a J.

In my neck of the woods, half of the systems I discover are nexii. Three to four WP's is the norm. Consider yourself lucky to have discovered something unusual. However, I don't believe the K will lead to a secret stash of Ultimate Spitwad of Destruction devices.

Good luck with the K, you will need it. In fact it will likely take Mk IV JSS or better coupled with a Ranger and a Master Scientist and that may still not get it done. :D

I have seen up to 11 or 12 WP's in a system with the usual dead ends. for my core positions fully 50%+ systems are nexus which made early exploration a real pain.

I have run into J's but no K's thus far

:blink:

Come one, come all! See the rare and mysterious Type K Warp Point! Just deposit 50,000 tons of....no, wait.

(Scatch-Scratch-Scratch)

All ye faithful races of the universe! Relieve yourself of ALL your worldly wealth and resources and come pray before the doorway to GOD! Which god? Um....blasphemer! Um, did you deposit all the worldly goods of your planet first?

Finally make all those religious type leaders earn their keep.

Good luck with the K, you will need it.  In fact it will likely take Mk IV JSS or better coupled with a Ranger and a Master Scientist and that may still not get it done.  :D

I have seen up to 11 or 12 WP's in a system with the usual dead ends.  for my core positions fully 50%+ systems are nexus which made early exploration a real pain.

I have run into J's but no K's thus far

:blink:

I guess there has to be a purpose for Mk V and Mk VI JSS. A K class warp is it.

We have found Warp Nexii about 45% of the time. Interestingly the most warps we ahve found is 5 in a system and the highest is a class G. I guess we live in the average section of the SNROTE universe. B)

I have several systems on my charts with 10 or more WP's in them. The key is, most of the WP's lead to a star or nexus, and then then dead end. So while there is a lot to explore .. maybe only two or three of the WP's will lead to stars with more than one WP themselves.

My highest WP is an H. Never seen an I, J, or K. But cracking the K with scientists, explorers, and high end JSS is just the first step. Next, you need to send a ship through the K. Just imagine the fuel requirement. Plus to be safe you have to guess that the warp on the other side is going to be high level as well. So any ship you send through needs lots of fuel tanks, and JSS, and characters. Otherwise it may be a one way trip.

Yes, it would have a fuel usage modifier of 100x...so even a Pathfinder would use every drop of fuel it can carry (12,000 ton ship, 1200 tons of fuel, correct? ). And of course its limited sensors would never get it back.

But the brave crew does get a nice plaque in the hall of science.

Yes, it would have a fuel usage modifier of 100x...so even a Pathfinder would use every drop of fuel it can carry (12,000 ton ship, 1200 tons of fuel, correct? ). And of course its limited sensors would never get it back. 

It could be an A or B on the other side... could be...

It could be an A or B on the other side... could be...

It'll be a C but to a different system.

Any other guesses?