Rolling Thunder Forums

RTG MIA???

Anyone hear from RTG lately? I have sent 4 emails since we recieved last cycles

turns and not one has been responsed too as of yet. :blink:

Who did you send the emails to? I usually get a response if I send it to Supernova@rollingthunder.com. On the other hand perhaps they took a vacation.

I send mine to the same address I send my turns orders too and I have Pete's

email adress in my adressbook.

They probably did take a vacation. Hopefully someone comes back in time to fix

my turn problem. :D

Who did you send the emails to? I usually get a response if I send it to Supernova@rollingthunder.com. On the other hand perhaps they took a vacation.

I would follow up early next week if you don't hear from them.

Out of curiousity, what was the turn problem?

yeah that would be ok except that I wanted to get my turns done this weekend. very busy week next week. The problem seems to be an EAF order that didnt work

as advertised and the then the transports leaving without the troops. :D

I haven't seen the email detailing the specific problem (go ahead and send it to me as well) but I'll contact Pete as soon as I can to bring it to his attention. I don't know if it is a complicated issue or if there is an email problem somewhere but I'll do what I can to find out (I've sent you an email reply to this effect as well).

If the problem you mentioned with EAF is an obvious code issue then you can safely assume that it is something that Pete will do a database correction for before the next turn. If there is no readily available explanation for why the EAF order didn't work as expected figuring out the 'why' it happened would be the most time consuming part.

Russ

yeah that would be ok except that I wanted to get my turns done this weekend. very busy week next week. The problem seems to be an EAF order that didnt work

Were the transports over the world with the troops? You might want to doublecheck and make sure it was in the right orbit when the EAF was issued.

Were the transports over the world with the troops? You might want to doublecheck and make sure it was in the right orbit when the EAF was issued.

Yupper. double triple and quadruple checked.. The EAF just didnt work right.

It worked only partially as only some of the eligible army divisions were

loaded onto a fleet with enough capacity to load the entire army group.

The strange thing is that later in the turn I loaded even more troops from stockpile

into the same fleet using the LC order as required and that worked great.

Thats how I know the EAF is culprit as the divisions and the fleet were are where

they were supposed to be. Probably just needs a little tweaking as Im pretty sure

most players use the LC order to load troops rather then using the EAF order

to load up already existing army groups.

The strange thing is that later in the turn I loaded even more troops from stockpile

Thats how I know the EAF is culprit as the divisions and the fleet were are where

they were supposed to be. Probably just needs a little tweaking as Im pretty sure

Tis a mystery then. :drunk:

turns and not one has been responsed too as of yet. :D

as advertised and the then the transports leaving without the troops. :drunk:

Tis a mystery then. :cheers:

yup. One of many that we will all eventually be solved. We hope

:blink:

I had the same problem with RN that I have had earlier. I had a fleet with three carriers in it. I split it into 3 different fleets. Now since the carriers are identical and fully loaded one could assume that each carrier would take with them the same load as the others but nope, one carrier has to show off and carry away 900000 tons of Attack Gunboats while actually only being able to carry 500000 tons worth. Double berthing anyone? I've emailed Pete about it especially since this has happened before and I thought it had been fixed.

I find it frustrating that it usually takes from one turn to the processing of the other, ie 14 days to get an answer on a turn problem. I know it is usually corrected but the lack of an answer while you are planning your turn is nerveracking especially if you are doing something important.

I think others have had that EAF problem before and sent it to Pete. Perhaps we should have a thread where these bugs are listed so we can all see when they pop up again or are permanently squashed not just "quick fixed"

Cheers

/Locklyn

I had the same problem with RN that I have had earlier. I had a fleet with three carriers in it. I split it into 3 different fleets. Now since the carriers are identical and fully loaded one could assume that each carrier would take with them the same load as the others but nope, one carrier has to show off and carry away 900000 tons of Attack Gunboats while actually only being able to carry 500000 tons worth. Double berthing anyone? I've emailed Pete about it especially since this has happened before and I thought it had been fixed.

I find it frustrating that it usually takes from one turn to the processing of the other, ie 14 days to get an answer on a turn problem. I know it is usually corrected but the lack of an answer while you are planning your turn is nerveracking especially if you are doing something important.

I think others have had that EAF problem before and sent it to Pete. Perhaps we should have a thread where these bugs are listed so we can all see when they pop up again or are permanently squashed not just "quick fixed"

Cheers

/Locklyn

AMEN to that Locklyn. :D

Russ will just forward them to Pete.  Pete will usually make the requested corrections/changes but rarely responds.  I find the lack of communication and uncertainty a bit frustrating.

It is frustrating when you have to write your orders early due to real world issues and can't get a response from the company. Sometimes the response doesn't come until after the orders due date as passed. There are times when waiting a turn cycle for a correction is a hardship. It's not much better when the correction is made but you never receive notice and therefore can't take advantage of it that turn.

Another annoyance is when email return receipts are not honored. You can't tell if your email even made it to RTG much less when it was read.