Rolling Thunder Forums

fortress

rotor911

I'm  wondering  about fortresses. Given the difference of size with other divisions, it would seem logical that it would require more than 1 troop berthing but since it's SN world...:ninja: Did someone try to EAF or LC one?

I haven't tried, but as it takes one Troop Berthing to house the same division whether that race is gigantic or dimuitive, I'd say it's only one berthing.

I'm  wondering  about fortresses. Given the difference of size with other divisions, it would seem logical that it would require more than 1 troop berthing but since it's SN world...:woohoo: Did someone try to EAF or LC one?

I haven't tried, but as it takes one Troop Berthing to house the same division whether that race is gigantic or dimuitive, I'd say it's only one berthing.

Well... I have tried. And to my delight, the Fortress did indeed only take up one troop berthing. :nuke:

Under the circumstances, I think one should always have at least one Fortress division available for one's invasion force! :ninja:

TErnest

I'm  wondering  about fortresses. Given the difference of size with other divisions, it would seem logical that it would require more than 1 troop berthing but since it's SN world...:woohoo: Did someone try to EAF or LC one?

Well... I have tried. And to my delight, the Fortress did indeed only take up one troop berthing. :nuke:

Under the circumstances, I think one should always have at least one Fortress division available for one's invasion force! :ninja:

TErnest

I was under the impression that you could not EAF a Fortress... Am I wrong, or is this a bug?

TErnest

I was under the impression that you could not EAF a Fortress... Am I wrong, or is this a bug?

A related question: Can you LC army units including fortresses? I was under the impression you could do so if they were NOT in Army Groups.

When I loaded the Fortress onto a transport, it was via an EAF order, along with several other divisions in the same army group. It worked fine. Any why not? A Fortress is just another division type, albeit a very capabable, and exptremely expensive one.

Yes, you can LC divisions directly from a population center's stockpiles (not from an army group) as well. I have done so a number of times. And I have no reason to suspect that it would not work for a Fortress. Just never actually tried to load a Fortress via an LC.

TErnest

TErnest

Fortress or Fortification?