Rolling Thunder Forums

SNROTE Turn Receipts

RTGPete

Stilll alive :P but still sick... Nothing seems to be helping although the vomiting, 6 hours off and on, seems to have finally run its course. Can't sleep so I'm going to try to work on receipts - it will probably be slow but you should start getting them back if you haven't already.

Russ

Stilll alive  :drunk: but still sick...  Nothing seems to be helping although the vomiting, 6 hours off and on, seems to have finally run its course.  Can't sleep so I'm going to try to work on receipts - it will probably be slow but you should start getting them back if you haven't already.

Russ

Russ, if you haven't tried this already, defizz some Sprite or 7Up. You can do this by opening a can and leaving it out for 30 to 60 minutes. Being at room temp is also important. Drink a small sip and if you can keep that down keep sipping it slowly. This will help in replacing the electrolytes and fluids you have lost from vomiting and will speed up your recovery. :P

By the way, some people like to use Coke or Pepsi instead but I find the caffeine and acids in those drinks a little harsh on the stomach when recovering from vomiting.

PS I am not a doctor but I have children and experience with this condition. We used to use Pedialyte but there are too old for that now.

Russ, if you haven't tried this already, defizz some Sprite or 7Up.

In my experience, 7Up is the best for post-nausia recovery.

I never thought about defizzing it though. :woohoo:

I do that because I find the bubbles irritate the valve leading into the stomach and when you have been recently tossing your cookies, that is not a desirable thing.

Defizzing is easy. Just open the can and leave it at room temp. You can also pour it into a glass to defizz.

Thanks guys B)  I'm pretty much past it now and appreciate the suggestions, info and well wishes that I received from many of you.  I've still got a lingering headache though...nobody has a Russ voodoo doll right?  :cheers:

Russ

:woohoo:

I don't think anyone has a Russ doll :) or a Pete doll :pirate2: for that matter. On the other hand for our enemies, I am sure a few view them as a legitmate weapon. :alien: