Rolling Thunder Forums

Examples of Startups Requested

Morgwen

Would anyone who has played/playing in Victory be willing to

e-mail a copy of what a starting turn looks like.

Preferably, a game either well started or completed, that way, it doesn't give

out existing military info.

I am looking to play a "Russian" start position so, that in particular would be helpful.

If there are no objections, for every one I receive (diff country), I would place them as a download on my site as ExampleStartup-XXXXX where XXXXX = the Country Name.

Having this as something new players or potential players can look at I believe would encourage more players (as if that's needed here <g>)

btw... signed up for next starting game already.

Thanks to all!!

Larry Lawrence

clannaid@lwlawrence.com

Hey Morgwen ,

Welcome to Victory!

:alien2:

I can probably accomadate you on supplying a few start up reports, I have on file. But posting them on another site, may not be what RTG would be happy with. They had a discussion already in the Victory! Tech Support forum, on a similar subject. Let me see if I can get a link for you...

Okay; here

Russ never answered on that one, so I'd check with him, and get clearence first, if I were you.

I'd also edit out your real name, and e-mail address, from your above post. This is a public forum, and you're just asking to get flooded with spam in your inbox, once someone has picked up that information.

Make sure that your PM, and e-mail option, is enabled in your profile. People will be able to get in touch with you that way, and it's a lot safer.

I'd advise against letting too many people know that you're a "new" player in Victory!

Quick (and easy) kills are what people look for in the begining stages, and it takes a little while to get used to things - even if you're a very capable gamer. A "little" experience goes a long way in this game.

This is quite unlike SN:ROTE. In Victory!: People will be gunning for your throat - and trying to kill your position as quickly and efficiently as possible.

If you have any questions, please do post in here, or in the 'Strategy & Tactics' forum.

Good luck, in rolling over your enemies!

Hey Morgwen ,

Welcome to Victory!

:alien2:

I can probably accomadate you on supplying a few start up reports, I have on file. But posting them on another site, may not be what RTG would be happy with. They had a discussion already in the Victory! Tech Support forum, on a similar subject. Let me see if I can get a link for you...

Okay; here

Russ never answered on that one, so I'd check with him, and get clearence first, if I were you.

I'd also edit out your real name, and e-mail address, from your above post. This is a public forum, and you're just asking to get flooded with spam in your inbox, once someone has picked up that information.

Make sure that your PM, and e-mail option, is enabled in your profile. People will be able to get in touch with you that way, and it's a lot safer.

I'd advise against letting too many people know that you're a "new" player in Victory!   

Quick (and easy) kills are what people look for in the begining stages, and it takes a little while to get used to things - even if you're a very capable gamer.  A "little" experience goes a long way in this game. 

This is quite unlike SN:ROTE.  In Victory!: People will be gunning for your throat - and trying to kill your position as quickly and efficiently as possible.

If you have any questions, please do post in here, or in the 'Strategy & Tactics' forum.

Good luck, in rolling over your enemies!

I have asked Russ to put all the Startups on the FTP site, but it has not yet occurred. I have most of them (maybe 38/40) and will send them via email to anyone who asks. I am all for bringing up to speed everyone we can - makes for a better game.

Jared