Rolling Thunder Forums

Under Attack

EEOC

It's always good to start off your first contact in a ball of fire!

Alien Fleet Sighting : xxxxx Warp Point # xxxxxx [in-system move by empire # 724]

[Warp Point # xxxxxx is known to lead to the Elienai system]

PHG Pharaonic Guardians # 202 'Glowing Ankh Surrounded By Heiroglyphics'

101st Recon Group [Quebec]

1 FS Pathfinder (Fleet Scout - 12,000 tons)

TEM The Templars # 724 'Golden Lion Rampant On A Field Of Black'

126th Heavy Scout [Romeo]

1 FC Crusader (Frontier Cruiser - 300,000 tons)

We went boom! Impressive explosion by an unarmed ship or two (or three or four)

Help....

Actually I've had the same experience with this guy, he pushed until I pushed back and doesn't respond to communications.

Gary C - One of your Brethren? i.e. is this a PA member, not, because he doesn't communicate.

Actually if I remember rightly, core empires started on this setting by default so it could be someone from the core putting out feelers.

Romeo should not really be starting any fights with anybody except those for which WAR has been declared. This does not always happen though. I have had several ships vaporized using the ROMEO setting, even when the other party was a TA.

It must have been that bit of left over lunch on the monitor that obscured the nature of fleet encountered. A thorough cleaning of the equipment after the event has usually prevented future inistances of friendly/accidental fire.

I have also noticed the opposite problem on some of my war fleets. Even at ROE Zulu the fleet will ignore viable targets. The investigation continues, but so far all we have found is an abundance of contraband beverage containers cluttering up the bridge and an abundance of centerfold posters covering vital monitoring stations. Coupled with a report from our top psychologist indicating that 3 years on continuous duty is a triffle too long for a single crew, we now feel that we have finally explained at least a couple of these instances.

:pirate:

Romeo should not really be starting any fights with anybody except those for which WAR has been declared.  This does not always happen though.  I have had several ships vaporized using the ROMEO setting, even when the other party was a TA.

It must have been that bit of left over lunch on the monitor that obscured the nature of fleet encountered.  A thorough cleaning of the equipment after the event has usually prevented future inistances of friendly/accidental fire.

I have also noticed the opposite problem on some of my war fleets.  Even at ROE Zulu the fleet will ignore viable targets.  The investigation continues, but so far all we have found is an abundance of contraband beverage containers cluttering up the bridge and an abundance of centerfold posters covering vital monitoring stations.  Coupled with a report from our top psychologist indicating that 3 years on continuous duty is a triffle too long for a single crew,  we now feel that we have finally explained at least a couple of these instances.

:drunk:

It sounds like you need to reinstitute some discipline, make an example of the worst troublemakers along with some much deserved duty rotation. Otherwise the centerfolds and beverage containers are just the beginning. Soon there will be parties with alien females, toga wearing and other forms of debauchery on the bridge of your ships. They may even refuse to fight. Gotta put a stop to it now. :pirate:

What did you do to make him mad? Since Romeo setting is for declared enemies I would be surprised that he and you had not met before. Of course this could just be a bug in the ROE routine and he had no intent to attack in which case Pete should be contacted.

I've checked the various diplomatic settings and this battle was triggered properly.

What did you do to make him mad? Since Romeo setting is for declared enemies I would be surprised that he and you had not met before. Of course this could just be a bug in the ROE routine and he had no intent to attack in which case Pete should be contacted.

I've checked the various diplomatic settings and this battle was triggered properly.

Thanks Pete. I guess that answers that. :pirate:

Okay. So then, for those of us with little experience in "first contacts", this means that this battle was not a first contact, even though EEOC, claims it to be?

Just wondering how first contacts really happen, or if this is an attempt at trying to decieve people.

Thanks.

Okay. So then, for those of us with little experience in "first contacts", this means that this battle was not a first contact, even though EEOC, claims it to be?

Just wondering how first contacts really happen, or if this is an attempt at trying to decieve people.

Thanks.

It most certainly could have been a first contact, if as it appears the Templars had already declared war. The position might be declaring war on every reported neighbor (info gleaned from these forums) or there might be a cooperative effort forming up to take down EEOC.

Interesting indeed.

Makes you wonder though, who set's declares an empire an enemy, even before you have even made first contact. It definitely is not friendly, hence the "Under Attack" statement seems fair.

And EEOC: whom are you asking for help?

Kind regards,

Romeo should not really be starting any fights with anybody except those for which WAR has been declared.  This does not always happen though.  I have had several ships vaporized using the ROMEO setting, even when the other party was a TA.

It must have been that bit of left over lunch on the monitor that obscured the nature of fleet encountered.  A thorough cleaning of the equipment after the event has usually prevented future inistances of friendly/accidental fire.

I have also noticed the opposite problem on some of my war fleets.  Even at ROE Zulu the fleet will ignore viable targets.  The investigation continues, but so far all we have found is an abundance of contraband beverage containers cluttering up the bridge and an abundance of centerfold posters covering vital monitoring stations.  Coupled with a report from our top psychologist indicating that 3 years on continuous duty is a triffle too long for a single crew,  we now feel that we have finally explained at least a couple of these instances.

:drunk:

We recommend additional computer system research. With Mk IV Computers and higher, one does not need to cover the monitoring equipment with centerfolds. The various 'images of art' cycle through very nicely and any serious monitoring issues flash as an icon over an interesting bit of anatomy. And you can get the articles as hyperlinks, because that's why the crew REALLY purchases the publications.

However, do NOT recommend even thinking about researching Mk I Inflatable Companions tech or anything further down that research path. Great for morale, terrible for productivity.....

:unsure:

We recommend additional computer system research. With Mk IV Computers and higher, one does not need to cover the monitoring equipment with centerfolds. The various 'images of art' cycle through very nicely and any serious monitoring issues flash as an icon over an interesting bit of anatomy. And you can get the articles as hyperlinks, because that's why the crew REALLY purchases the publications.

However, do NOT recommend even thinking about researching Mk I Inflatable Companions tech or anything further down that research path. Great for morale, terrible for productivity.....

:drunk::blink::robot::alien::unsure:

as posted in an earlier post (a month ago....) I ran into the Pharonic, Templars and Brain in a 2 turn period. My small recon ships (ala pathfinder model) did not engage anyone. As you can see we are unarmed...we'll there is a doll deflator on board.

To my friends in the EEOC-

We followed your communication regarding your being fired upon. Please rest assured that we are slowly and steadily making our way towards that section of space we know you to inhabit. Our map is complete, and all that remains is to scan the indicated warp points.

I've consulted with my advisors, as we find no reason why we should not send you military and economic aid. 2 million tons of military hardware follow closely behind the mappers, with an undisclosed number of cargo ships.

This will still take time. You have the map fragment we sent you. Keep your eyes open, and inform us the instant you discover any of the systems listed.

Sha'thar

Ckan Eldress

The Gosht Kohr