Rolling Thunder Forums

The Evil Ones have Returned

Zeus

Zeus, sighed his hands holding up his head as they rested against the table.

He thought ”What a betrayal, what a truely dishonorable act had The Genesian Gremloid Technocracy done, one as befitting as Hades betrayal”.

WAM, the doors flew open as Ares rushed in.

“Brother, we have not only been betrayed, but stabbed in the back by these Genesian’s.”

“What” exclaimed Zeus, “What are you saying brother”

Ares replied “ I have been studying what the Genesian’s have done. First they asked for a system close to us as a colony world, but really they have used it as a base of operations for their backstabbing. They have set up a Stable Wormhole Generator there to send in their war fleets and screen ships.”

“What I have have been played for a total fool by these dishonorable snakes” Zeus replied.

“Not only that” said Aries, “but the Boo have betrayed us as well”.

Zeus’s heart felt the total despair at another betrayal, but he replied “How could it be Aries, they are an honorable race?”

Aries replied listen brother “remember how the Genesian ship came into our system and moved directly to Olympus? Well based on tracking there is no way the Transwarp drive ship could have been able to move into our system and then move to a world. As you know Transwarp drive ships survey, warp, system scan and survey. There is no way to move with in a system without having it’s name first. Point two,” continued Aries” is the Genesian’s brought up out trade world with our trade ally. There is no way they could have known about that world and system as well”

“What exclaimed Zeus! Hold on brother.” As he summoned a page, “Quickly go send out a note to our ally’s {edited out to protect the empire} that we have been betrayed and to be ready. Perhaps this betrayers will let them be, or at least we can hope so.”

Aries snorted “Ha, you have to much faith in the goodness of other races brother. It appears they have been attacking many other Homeworlds and other races as well. They are a bunch of low life backstabbing, filthy, no good, f{the next 4 paragraphs have been edited out as it was just Aries using mostly explicative’s and has no value to this as well as could get this topic deleted for use of profane language}”

“Aries, Aries, ARIES” Zeus called out, :”Calm down brother. The Genesian’s could have gotten that information from somewhere else?”

After a few minutes Aries settled down his temper and continued. “Well maybe, but if there ships show up soon then the Boo must have given them the mapping information we shared with then. I think we were fools for trusting them. They swore a total alliance with us took our mapping information and then promptly broke the alliance once we told them we had run into the Genesian’s. That smacks of total deceit.”

“You are probable right brother, but I would like to believe not”, Zeus replied.

Aries continues, “These Genesian’s are truly deceitful, look how they told us we should show signs of strength by putting out picket ships, it was a classic Sun Tzu strategy of divide and conquer, those picket forces stood no chance at all they were slaughtered like sheep with out denting or slowing down the betraying force.”

Zeus, sighed as he thought about those poor Hellene’s killed by the betrayers.

Aries continued, yet again “And think how they moved there quote un quote interdictive forces into place blowing up our pathfinders and apologized saying they were told they had to move those forces and somehow forgot to chance the fleet battle settings. What a ploy of deception that was. You gave them to much credit for having been part of the Honorable GSL. You know what my spies have learned. Well it appears near the end of the GSL the Genesian’s completely showed lack of honor and broke all GSL agreements they had sworn to uphold, they had agreed to share all technological finds and advancements and did not and on top of that they had sworn to share all information on any alien contacts, which they did not. They ran into a Phoenix empire, which they now appear to actually control some how I am not sure, but they appear to be almost a slave to the Genesian’s, doing whatever they are told. This is odd to me I do not understand it”

“Aries are you sure on this, Zeus asked?”

“Yes Brother I am, we must prepare for war. I told you we should have devoted our research centers to weapons and armor and not these stupid horizon techs that usually do nothing to help us in war or for that matter with anything”

“Aries replied Zeus some good has come from our research into the Horizon tech’s”

“Bah replied Aries, who cares about Solar power plants and the like.”

Just then Athena walked in to the chamber.

“Zeus I have interesting news we have been able to finally translate with our new Type C Universal Translator’s the Tckon’s ship log we found. It is very sad,” Sighed Athena.

“What cried out”, Aries, “Who cares about a ship log, what we need are more armor and weapons to fight back against these cowardly dogs.”

“No, no wait, “ said Athena, “it does have some useful information”

“Well make it quite then Athena, “Aries said.

Zeus then spoke, “Athena?”

“Yes Zeus”, she replied?

“We do not have a lot of time so can you make it the readers digest condensed version, please?” Asked Zeus.

“Well it turns out this was the last ship the Tckon used against the evil empire. The Tckon encountered them a millennium ago. At first the Evil ones used deception to delay the Tckon fears and a possible conflict. At first the evil ones spread via some colonization and taking over moon and planet colonies and finally when an entire solar system fell the Tckon responded. The Tckon stood up when it appeared a Homeworld of a peaceful alien race of artists and musicians was conquered by the Evil ones” Here Athena diverted for a second to add “it is odd to see, but the Tckon’s never named this Evil empire, but used a term that means in their language an absolute, amoral evil for this enemy of theirs, odd? Well” continued Athena, “they sent out a war fleet protected with their incredible Tckon 68 armor into the conquered system. There it ran into and was destroyed by the Evil ones. It appears they had a shield technology that was about 2 and a half times stronger then even the Tckon 68 armor. At this point the Tckon sent in their huge ships planetoid ships, they were able to beat back the shielded enemy fleet at a great cost, but the system was cleansed of all the Evil empire ships. But an unfortunate thing happened as they were fighting on the ground this black cloud of for lack of a better word evil miasma appeared and destroyed almost all of the peaceful aliens on their world, and even odder is that almost a quarter of the the Tckon liberation army died of broken hearts right after their deaths. The Tckon’s surmised that the Evil empire had tremendous mental powers in ESP, Telepathy and Telekinetic’s, but why they had they killed so the peaceful aliens was completely incomprehensible to the Tckons?” Here Aries interrupted and said “because they are evil Athena, Duh.”

“Aries, shut up” said Athena, “let me finish, so the Tckon turned their truly vast intellect and power towards combating this evil empire. They learned that the Evil ones with their vast mental powers were able to create a miasma of evil as they called it.”

Just then Artemis came running in, “Zeus I had to shoot the prisoner.”

“What”, said Zeus.

“I went to check on the captured Genesian from the ship they used to test out our defenses. As I was approaching I noticed that the guard looked a bit funny. I glanced in the cell and there was this dark cloud around the Genesian and the guard appeared in a stupor. I turned to the Genesian and said “Stop or I will shoot you.” It just smiled a truly evil smile and then the guard died.” Artemis shivered here as she said, “I shot that Genesian, but as it died it smiled again, it looked just like a Rat with those teeth. I went and checked the body and it had teeth just like a rats, it had been gnawing on it’s chains, but it appeared to be gnawing just to do so not to get free. It was a truly vile creature, not like the one I had met before when we first met the Genesian’s.”

Athena quickly brought Artemis up to speed and continued, “the Tckon thought this miasma either corrupted or helped control all those that were touched by it unless they either had high mental powers as well or a mental resistance like the Tckon did. But back to the log” said Athena. “They soon learned that the Evil ones had an alliance or an appearance of one, they believed it may have been other empires that had been lead down the path of corruption with some help from these Evil ones and their Evil miasma. As the war had waged on for centuries the Tckon, who had slowly and at great cost to their race, beaten back these Evil ones, closed in on the Evil ones home system where the first fleet was barely able to secure the warp point, but had no chance to assault the Evil ones homeworld. The Tckon Admiral reported that not only was the Evil ones fleet massive and with incredible shields, but that the planet had something for lack of a better word, a World Shield around it.

“Come on come on” said Aries “get moving I am falling asleep here”

“Aries stop interrupting” said Zeus.

Athena continued, “So with truly sad hearts the Tckon turned to their ultimate weapons of destruction, the Nova bomb. It was noted that the Lead General who made this decision did so solely by himself and assigned it to a Tckon with incredible fortitude as the General died of a broken heart right after giving the Lieutenant his orders to use a Nova Bomb. but uncountless billions of innocents had been slaughtered by the Evil ones in their unrelentess quest to have absolute domination of this universe. So the General had made the decision that had to be made.”

“Geez these Tckon sure had issues with fighting”, began Aries.

“Aries SHUT UP” said Athena.

Athenia continued, “So a special cloaked one man ship had been made by the Tckon, that the lieutenant took to the Evil ones home system. There he launched the Nova Bomb and headed cloaked to Evil ones homeworld to watch the destruction and hopefully die in the supernova as well. Or so he had hoped. As the sun went Nova a shield of uncalculated strength went up around the world and he was enclosed by it. He watched his screens as the Evils one vast fleet was destroyed by the Supernova. Then the World Shield started to fail and the Supernova’s radiation began to filter through to the world. Just as it appeared the shield would fail and the Evil ones world would be torn asunder, a huge wormhole opened up and the world went though and he along with it.

“What exclaimed Zeus and worm hole generator for a whole world?.”

“Yes”, said Athena, “that is what was in the log. So he and the Evil ones world materialized in a new system. But as the shield had not completely held some of the Supernova’s radiation had been let into the world. It appeared that the radiation had neutralized the Evil ones immense mental powers. And while he watched the slaved of the Evil ones revolted and made them into slaves for without their vast mental powers the Evil ones were no match for their slaves. And he hypnotized that the evil miasma they could create helped to keep them in subjugation. How fitting thought the lieutenant to have the tables turned. He watched for 2 years to make sure that the evil ones powers didn’t return. After that he returned to the Evil ones original system and headed towards the old sun, which was now a black hole. He ended up at the edge of the black hole and was stuck in a very slow time dilation.” Athena added “there is appears he died of a broken heart for destroying an entire system.”

“Bah”, said Aries, “he was not a true warrior, he should have at least reported back to his superiors on his missions success.”.

Athena went on ignoring Aries. “So all we have been able to get after that is the Tckon appear to have vanished from this Universe after the Evil ones system was destroyed.”

Just then Pericles came into the chamber, running.

“”Zeus, Zeus!,” exclaimed Pericles, “I have some very bad news.”

“What is it my official historian?”, asked Zeus.

“Well with the new Type C Universal Translator and the new Tckon deciphered log, I have been able to translate the ancient stone rock that we found on the old aliens world. You know how we thought is said, The CGT fled the Vietnam Armies against the Armor/Wall of the Universe. Well having gotten better at translating it and with the log it put the last pieces into place.”

“Go on go on”, said Zeus.

“Well”, said Pericles, “it actually says……..

”The GGT lead Vietarmis against the Tckon protected Universe.” It goes on to say the Tckon somehow managed to defeat the Evil GGT and it’s evil alliance and then they vanished from the Universe.”

“Oh Mother Gaia protect us”, went Zeus.

“What”, said Aries.

Zeus said, Aries listen as all of you we must send out a warning to the Universe. The Evil Empire has returned, the Evil one or GGT have gotten their vast and evil mental powers back and have broken free from the former slaves who are probable now enslaved again. It all makes sense why we have not heard from the Republic of Jemp and BoB and others the have run into the GGT. They have been either enslaved or are now being corrupted by that Evil Miasma. O Mother Earth protect us at least long enough to let the rest of the Universe know the True Evil ones have returned, let the Universe prepare for their Evil onslaught.”

“Quickly, quickly now we must send out our messengers and let the Universe be warned,:”, said Zeus.

"The Evil ones have returned and their betrayal and backstabbing shall be known so that others will not fall into their deceitful trap."

This is a brief and formal statement from the Vietarmis Council.

First for clarification, the Vietarmis Council is a defensive alliance of local Empires in an area of space we have called the Vietarmis region. When the VC was formed, The Genesian Gremloid Technocracy informed the other sovereign members of their connection to the Hellenic League. It was discussed at once whether or not the HL should be attacked and destroyed considering its close ties with the self reputed Pirate and terrorist empire, The Eyre not to forget the Gouald and the Tentacled horrors. These three represent an axis of evil that work closely with the HL and its associate Empires and there was growing concern that once the HL would connect with these that the same troubles that had troubled other regions of space would come to plague our region as well. The GGT stood in defence of the HL and offered to set aside a vast amount of its fleet as a border patrol near HL space to ensure good behaviour and to take the first brunt of any attacks that could come. As time passed, it became clear both by the behaviour of the associate Empires of the HL that they were striving to connect with the axis of evil, possibly to supply them with the MDDs that intelligence resources have shown the HL to posses in great numbers. Inteligence also showed that information that was tagged and passed through the GGT to HL later appeared in both PA and other hands. With this in hand the Council has vehemently argued over the last cycles how to handle the HL. The GGT has asked that they’ve been given time to prove their sincerity by sharing intelligence on those terrorist empires that they claim not are their allies. They have not been forthcoming in this. Nor have the HL allowed inspections of their suspected MDD sites and have constantly worked to hinder any progress while more and more intelligence reports are showing that the mad leadership (something especially clear in the insane ramblings about “evil miasma” and “ancient Tckon Bombs” everyone knows you need to build a launch installation for the ZB-22), yes the Dictator of the HL has constantly abused the civil rights of their people. The GGT has been asked to present evidence that the HL has been cooperating with them in the joint liberation of a anarchist world but apparently the ships of the HL that the GGT were expecting must have gotten lost during several cycles.

Thus it came to pass that the Council, fearing for the peace and stability of the region as well as the safety and democratic liberties of the HL decided to vote on whether to proceed in securing the control of the HL, liberating the populace and ensuring that the threat from MDD trade to or from the axis of evil would never come to pass. The vote was taken and passed with a majority for the VC taking action. Thus the VC has declared War against the HL and the axis of evil. Troops and ships are moving in to secure and liberate former HL systems. A new government will be installed from the people for the people once stability and security has been returned to the region. Hellenes in exile that have repeatedly been abused and persecuted over the years by the HL are standing by to ease the transition of power. The GGT ships that were on border patrol have been ordered into action and elements of the RDFs around the SWC network are moving to the TOC. Trade allies or other allies of the HL in the region need not fear, this conflict does not involve them, unless they wish to involve themselves.

Long live the Vietarmis Council, Long Live The Free People of the New Hellenic Republic!

The Vietarmis Council through the Ambassador for the Consensus Collective

As the resident Pirate I don't mind being blamed for everything (and it's fun when you log on once every 2 months) but PLEAZZZEEE. If you want to attack an empire at least have the #$%$#@ to just say so..

You are declaring war on the HL because they are working with me, the tentacles and the Gou'ld? We have never seen a HL ship nor even know of a way to get to them.

This would be another classic example of why the League failed and why I am at war with my neighbor...I believe he was/is a member of your organization and oh wait....he just happened to forget to honor his agreements...

But that is a subject for another discussion. Just grow some nads.... you want to be bad, stand up and act like a man...you see him as an easy prey and we're playing a game for God's sake....

Just repeat after me: "I, Locklyn am bored and have decided to attack a player with whom I have a pact of non agression". See it's easy.....now have a war, blow some ships up, check out rebuilds and explosions and have some Quisling fun. (oh wait he was from Norway).

As the resident Pirate I don't mind being blamed for everything  (and it's fun when you log on once every 2 months) but PLEAZZZEEE. If you want to attack an empire at least have the #$%$#@ to just say so..

You are declaring war on the HL because they are working with me, the tentacles and the Gou'ld? We have never seen a HL ship nor even know of a way to get to them.

This would be another classic example of why the League failed and why I am at war with my neighbor...I believe he was/is a member of your organization and oh wait....he just happened to forget to honor his agreements...

But that is a subject for another discussion. Just grow some nads.... you want to be bad, stand up and act like a man...you see him as an easy prey and we're playing a game for God's sake....

Just repeat after me: "I, Locklyn am bored and have decided to attack a player with whom I have a pact of non agression". See it's easy.....now have a war, blow some ships up, check out rebuilds and explosions and have some Quisling fun. (oh wait he was from Norway).

Seeing as litteracy is not one of the skills that the Eyre seem gifted with, let us restate what earlier was said as the main reasons for the war:

As time passed, it became clear both by the behaviour of the associate Empires of the HL that they were striving to connect with the axis of evil

and

Inteligence also showed that information that was tagged and passed through the GGT to HL later appeared in both PA and other hands
something the Eyre ARE skilled in as we all remember. This information was eyes only when given to the HL and was in the beginning of the relationship between the GGT and the HL. It was tagged (created in such a way that dissemination would be evident) to see what the integrity of the communication lines were worth. As much as the word of the Eyre it would seem.

We of the VC are not the same as the old GSL, in fact there are more Empires in it that never were members of GSL than those who were. And it isn't just the GGT in this war, a majority ruled to rid the sector of the taint.

Grow nads? You mean you weren't born with a pair? :o

The Collective

EDIT: Holy cow longer post than I intended. Drama Rating: C-

What follows are just introspective ramblings about alliances for the most part.

As I abide the wishes of my brother's ancient position (he dropped lonnnnnng ago), The Black Hole Dynasty, I am obliged to notify all parties involved that I have a a non-military diplomatic agreement with The Boo and intend to honor our current open border policy with its newest owner. Given the nature of statements on both sides, we hereby declare our space as neutral, freely traversable by all interested parties (until you bump into the ships with 'Y ' orders :alien: )

The Black Hole Dynasty has made contact with the Hellenic League perhaps twice on the perimeter of my space over the years. We haven't spoken much and therefore don't have any agreements. I've met Mack personally and I found him to be a great guy so I hold no grudge against him. Feel free to indict me for not hating the guy, but this IS just a game :robot: It's been suggested that my space borders the GGT, but to date, we have no spotted a Gremloid ship (or are thye REALLLLY small? :o )

It should be divulged that a PDF of the Hellenic League was forwarded to me, long ago, without request on my part. Further, a PDF of the Black Hole Dynasty, traded for the Boo's, has found its way in the hands of many others. Luckily, nobody has chosen hostility with such information (nothing impressive in any of the documents, truth be told) I only mention this because I think its silly to hold grudges over the trading of PDFs....I knew the risks by handing over the PDF for the Black Hole Dynasty long ago....and have prepared for the worst in the event anyone chooses to pay me a 'visit' :wub: However, getting stabbed ISNT fun (and luckily I've avoided such a thing.) If you don't like that aspect of the game, find VERY good friends and keep a tight ship (I know most of us know that rule, but that first lesson sucks LOL...might as well restate it for any true newbs to PBM)

I'll never forget what my brother told me when we thought about joining an organization early on in the game once I found out what was required: "Why the hell would you send your turns to some guy in Florida that you don't know, if you plan on paying Hundreds of dollars to play the game?"

I'll be frank: I tend to agree with MMBs sentiment somewhat....especially the part about having fun.

If there is one thing I can say about the PA, MMB, Gjoraan etc: at least you know where you stand from the outset (well ok the PA does seem to muddy things at times...I like them better when they're more in your face rather than trying to pin the hostility on the other guy...even when it IS true ) I've seen too many handshakes go awry by the 'noblest' of veterans, while they move fleets and even trade positions behind others backs. At times I feel like most of the politics outside my closest circle of friends are all smoke....some are buying time to target the 'dreaded' empires before circling 180 to finish off their pseudo pal. Call it good ol fashioned paranoia...or experience :alien:

I can't tell you how much I've appreciated the decency of my closest friends I've known since childhood, and my very good ally, Tony Ernest and another who probably doesn't want to be named (lest he dump a shake on my head later this summer at a certain eatery in the midwest :jawdrop:)

My fortune in this game has been choosing good people to work with. And I'm sure most of us feel that way LOL....and if you DONT...well, then its time to read between the lines (ie You're Next!) And if Plan A fails, its time to RE-ROLL a new empire <_<

:P Good gaming to y'all :oops:

EDIT (part 2 or 3 now): I really enjoyed the dialogue of the first post! Nicely done :drunk:

Evil Ones? My, my, aren't we a little negative. Have you ever considered THEIR feelings? Perhaps they act in the manner that do simple because you keep insisting on calling them EVIL. If you keep painting them with so broad of a negative brush stroke, then won't they simple start to act in the manner you expect? Try to be not so biased against them simple due to their eating habits or looks.

Don't use the word EVIL, which will provoke a negative reponse from them. Refer to them as having a series of phlisophical views not in alighment with your racial precepts that can result in the occasional conflicts of interest. See, sounds far better than "EVIL" already. And if you look at them in this manner, as beings who are merely different, then they will respond in kind.

Accept that your own stereotyping and views have resulted in their hateful reactions. Remove this blinder from your eyes and accept them for as they are. And the reasons for all the hate and fighting will melt away, and peace will be the result. Trust me, it will work.

Goreton-7, High Chief of the Galactic Democratic Institute

I can't tell you how much I've appreciated the decency of my closest friends I've known since childhood, and my very good ally, Tony Ernest and another who probably doesn't want to be named (lest he dump a shake on my head later this summer at a certain eatery in the midwest :P)

My fortune in this game has been choosing good people to work with.  

Why... thank you! Nothing like an unexpected compliment coming out of left field to make your day. :drunk:

And may I say that there is no one that my Arcane Services, Inc. position would rather have as their neighbor than the Everlasting Spawn! :cheers:

Now if you will excuse me, I need a moment to myself... :(

(No fair making a PBM veteran cry!)

TErnest

WKE, is that the same Goreton-7 of the Galactic Love and Peace Institute? The one involved in the Great "Make Love, not MDDs even if she/he is ten feet tall with tentacles and smells of sewage" movement? :drunk:

I just want to add to Goreton-7's comment that he is right. Remember that they are not EVIL. Even when they seek to consume all of the members of your race in sacrificial rituals and use your planets as dumping grounds for their Intergalacitc Trash Collection business, they are NOT EVIL. :cheers:

NOTE: I apologize for taking this thread further off course but this needed to be said for the Peace of the Galaxy.

Edit - Sorry we needed to remove gender references to comply with Title CCCXXVII of the Galactic Posting code. :P

Well, we make no bones about it! We most certainly are EVIL, and demand to refered to as such! :cheers: EVIL, being the only morally acceptable philosophy in this otherwise immoral Universe!

To avoid offending us (thereby only making your demise all the more painful) always remember to refer to us as "EVIL." Although, in a pinch, "Rat B......" is an acceptable substitute. :drunk:

Lord of the Implements, Mephisto of the Alpha Circle

Imperial Demonic Envelopment (#737)

Super advice...too bad you didn't use it yourself. You're hardly qualified to give advice on honorable habits. :angry2:

But the breaking treaties part is well within your scope of expertise. Now pay attention everyone...the MMB school of double-talk is now in session. <_<