Rolling Thunder Forums

Ship Design Sorting Poll

ali-t-akua

Would you prefer that the Ship Design section on the Turn Sheet be sorted by Ship Name or Class?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks Pete! :cheers:

Sorry Steve, I'm on the other side of this. :) I have lots of ships designs with the same names plus revision numbers. (Like Picket 1a, Picket 1b, etc.) As technology improves, their classification changes. It has been kind of difficult dealing with the list these last two turns.

But - I LOVE the pop group sorting!!! <_<

I think you got my statement partially confused Brad with having it sorted by ship class. What I would like is it to by sorted by ship type. All Surface, All Orbitals, All Starships. Within those groups sorted alphabetically. I don't want a Picket 3f surface fort listed next to a Picket 9b Orbital and the Picket 21c Starship. I think Ship Class sorting is bad do to how things are named since the first description on class usually depicts its size. I would love to have it listed where all my transports are grouped all my colonial transports are grouped, all orbitals grouped, etc. It does not matter to me what size they are but that all my orbitals are easy to find when I am making a decision on which would be better to use.

Thanks Pete!  :thumbsup:

Sorry Steve, I'm on the other side of this. :angry2:  I have lots of ships designs with the same names plus revision numbers.  (Like Picket 1a, Picket 1b, etc.)  As technology improves, their classification changes.  It has been kind of difficult dealing with the list these last two turns.

But - I LOVE the pop group sorting!!!  :)

I think you got my statement partially confused Brad with having it sorted by ship class.  What I would like is it to by sorted by ship type.  All Surface, All Orbitals, All Starships.  Within those groups sorted alphabetically.  I don't want a Picket 3f surface fort listed next to a Picket 9b Orbital and the Picket 21c Starship.  I think Ship Class sorting is bad do to how things are named since the first description on class usually depicts its size.  I would love to have it listed where all my transports are grouped all my colonial transports are grouped, all orbitals grouped, etc.  It does not matter to me what size they are but that all my orbitals are easy to find when I am making a decision on which would be better to use.

You can basically already do that if you name all your ships properly (when they are listed alphabetically). Instead of a "Picket X" name them "Orbital Picket X" or whatever.

I think you got my statement partially confused Brad with having it sorted by ship class. What I would like is it to by sorted by ship type. All Surface, All Orbitals, All Starships. Within those groups sorted alphabetically.

Thanks Pete!  :angry2:

Aha! Now I understand. (Where is the little smiley with a light bulb over its head?)

And I can agree with that too. It would be nice to have all the designs of a similar purpose listed together. But I think the only way to accomplish that is to name them that way as 'Keen suggests.