Rolling Thunder Forums

A little Help

Chargerman

Hello Friends!!

I am working on a project to combine several (I hope ALL someday) of the spreadsheets most of us use to track/calculate things in SN in to one application. To that end I am using MS Access to try and combine the ship creation and production into a single place to streamline and simplify production orders and ship design. I have created a spreadsheet I am planning on importing into Access with the entire list of BI orderable items. I know there are items I am missing. I was going to attach the .xls to this post but I don’t see a way so if you would like to help or just want the list email me at Mark_Margolis@yahoo.com and I’ll send it to you or you can send me what you have already and I’ll extract the new data. My plan is to make the project available to anyone who wants it as I finish each stage in .mde format so anyone can use it regardless of version of Access.

:)

Hello Friends!!

I am working on a project to combine several (I hope ALL someday) of the spreadsheets most of us use to track/calculate things in SN in to one application.  To that end I am using MS Access to try and combine the ship creation and production into a single place to streamline and simplify production orders and ship design.  I have created a spreadsheet I am planning on importing into Access with the entire list of BI orderable items.  I know there are items I am missing. I was going to attach the .xls to this post but I don’t see a way so if you would like to help or just want the list email me at Mark_Margolis@yahoo.com and I’ll send it to you or you can send me what you have already and I’ll extract the new data.  My plan is to make the project available to anyone who wants it as I finish each stage in .mde format so anyone can use it regardless of version of Access.

:laugh:

Chargerman,

You need to look up the member Phasdragon. He no longer plays, but on his postings is a link to his website that you might find useful.

Hello Friends!!

I am working on a project to combine several (I hope ALL someday) of the spreadsheets most of us use to track/calculate things in SN in to one application.  To that end I am using MS Access to try and combine the ship creation and production into a single place to streamline and simplify production orders and ship design.  I have created a spreadsheet I am planning on importing into Access with the entire list of BI orderable items.  I know there are items I am missing. I was going to attach the .xls to this post but I don’t see a way so if you would like to help or just want the list email me at Mark_Margolis@yahoo.com and I’ll send it to you or you can send me what you have already and I’ll extract the new data.  My plan is to make the project available to anyone who wants it as I finish each stage in .mde format so anyone can use it regardless of version of Access.

:laugh:

Chargerman,

You need to look up the member Phasdragon. He no longer plays, but on his postings is a link to his website that you might find useful.

I searched the forum and him posts must be gone. He is not an active member any more and the only post with Phasdragon in it is yours. Do you happen to have his web address handy?

I searched the forum and him posts must be gone.  He is not an active member any more and the only post with Phasdragon in it is yours.  Do you happen to have his web address handy?

It's http://members.cox.net/phasedragon/

Thanks for the link, I am loking at the Sheets he has and a good deal of the data seems to have changed (WP survey and others) Has anyone domne any updateing to this? Also for you long time players did the turn files come in a .TXT format at one time? That is what i can gather from the way this sheet seems to work. Eather way there is ALOT of usefull info to be had in the sheets i'm just wondering about the accuracy of the calculation (not wanting to reinvent the wheel).

Thanks! :angry2:

Most of the functionality went belly up when turn reports migrated to a newer version of adobe.

The first 10 turns of the game were formatted using the Snap viewer and were not PDF.

edit: I also think there has been some refinement and additional work done on some of the formulas. The formulas in the sheets are a good starting point but are not completely accurate from my view. The data is also a bit dated and does not take into account recent improvements to the ANZ.

:taz::angry2:

I still use the Galaxy sheet for I want to do.  Still works fine, even with the newer Turn Sheet.  I have an older version of Adobe though.

I was never able to get all of the spreadsheets to work. I did get Codes, Galaxy and ShipDesign to extract the information but even then I had to tweak the text files. The others never worked. Once I converted to Adobe 7.0, none of the files would work so I am only using selected spreadsheets.

What ever happened to Phase Dragon? When did he quit and why? If it had anything to do with combat, perhaps the recent changes would bring him back to us, as they seem to be pretty substantial changes which are much welcomed. Besides, it seems like some things have changed in the conversion from .pdf to .txt files and it would be real cool if he would upgrade the files...hehehe.

Steve