Rolling Thunder Forums

Tygen Empire

WOW!!!! How Prophetic that lone voice was don't you think? Not even a month and we get "Demands of my current alliance dictate that I get their attention one way or another." Poor Tygen, who will side with him in the forthcoming attack?

Anyone want to "bah-humbug" me now???? :pirate2:

Jodookus the Good, Emperor of all he surveyed smiled down upon his subjects and announced the wondrful news that Ghost Khor and Gjorhaan would forevermore coexist peacefully. The great masses cheered and roared their approval for a full 750 quatloos, an unprecedented duration only exceeded by the time he ascended to the throne these many yarns ago. Finally, after all the cheering had died down, a lone voice could be heard amongst the gathered crowd. Being a democratic and just society, a microphone was brought forward so the one lone voice could be heard by all.

Testing, one two the lone voice could be heard and the crowd roared their approval once again. The cheers died and the one voice spoke and said.

Uh guys??? Why are you all cheering? Granted we are most likely far from the combined strenght of Ghost Khor and Gjorhaan, but what if we arent as far as we'd like to be? What of those unfortunates who are within the grasp of Gjorhaan? Assuming that Gjorhaan has not changed his stated goal of purging the galaxy of nonbelievers what happens to those unfortunates who run into Gjorhaan? Will not the ships of Gjorhaan bristle with weapons produced from Ghost Khor iron and crystals and light metals? Will not the soldiers of Gjorhaan wear fibers and eat food concentrates from materials gleaned from trading with the Ghost Khor? It seems to me that while you all cheer, a stronger threat has arisen from this pact.

The speaker set the microphone down and walked away to silence

WOW!!!!  How Prophetic that lone voice was don't you think?  Not even a month and we get "Demands of my current alliance dictate that I get their attention one way or another."  Poor Tygen, who will side with him in the forthcoming attack?

Anyone want to "bah-humbug" me now???? ;)

Jodookus the Good, Emperor of all he surveyed smiled down upon his subjects and announced the wondrful news that Ghost Khor and Gjorhaan would forevermore coexist peacefully. The great masses cheered and roared their approval for a full 750 quatloos, an unprecedented duration only exceeded by the time he ascended to the throne these many yarns ago. Finally, after all the cheering had died down, a lone voice could be heard amongst the gathered crowd. Being a democratic and just society, a microphone was brought forward so the one lone voice could be heard by all.

Testing, one two the lone voice could be heard and the crowd roared their approval once again. The cheers died and the one voice spoke and said.

Uh guys??? Why are you all cheering? Granted we are most likely far from the combined strenght of Ghost Khor and Gjorhaan, but what if we arent as far as we'd like to be? What of those unfortunates who are within the grasp of Gjorhaan? Assuming that Gjorhaan has not changed his stated goal of purging the galaxy of nonbelievers what happens to those unfortunates who run into Gjorhaan? Will not the ships of Gjorhaan bristle with weapons produced from Ghost Khor iron and crystals and light metals? Will not the soldiers of Gjorhaan wear fibers and eat food concentrates from materials gleaned from trading with the Ghost Khor? It seems to me that while you all cheer, a stronger threat has arisen from this pact.

The speaker set the microphone down and walked away to silence

Whilst, deliberately unnoticed by all, the speaker was followed by several crowd members in dark glasses and strange bulges under their jackets. A short while later not one person in the crowd noticed a few muffled explosions in a nearby alley.

Pretty funny Damiano.

Cute comments aside its apparent that Shathar has traded autonomy for survival. Gjorhaan is the master and Shathar will do what they are told in order to keep surviving even if it means "getting <fill in any empires name here> attention one way or another".

So keep cheering the nice kitty, cheer up to the point where you become a target of the combined forces of Shathar and Gjorhaan.

;)

(Sha'thar sighs.)

It is easy, perhaps, to accuse, when your cubs are not in peril. When my decision was made, it was not as if the reason was a nameless risk hidden behind many warp points.

The hunter was already and suddenly among our herds, on our game trails. Almost to our dens.

It is one thing to say that you would fight, letting your species die in some vainglorious sacrifice when that fate is far away. It is another to look up and see doom hovering, and imagining that an instant later the eyes of your cubs would be reflecting the flash of death from above.

It is indeed an odd trail the huntresses walk now. But walk it we must.

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Hunting Sisters of the Gosht Kohr

It is not "easy" to accuse. Perhaps the decision Shathar made less than a month ago has "put my cubs in peril" :unsure: ! There is no idea how many WPs separate the Gjorhaan/Shathar war machine from the Dookians. It is only hope that fate has separated the Dookians from the now strengthened Gjorhaan, not certainty.

It was a month ago that gentle and peaceful Shathar :) decried THEIR impending war with Gjorhaan. Now a disciple/stooge to the will of Gjorhaan, Shathar appears willing to bare claws and fangs against the Tygens. Does not "one way or another" imply the willingness to use violence?

A certainly is that Tygen cubs are now in peril ;) . Who in the galaxy weeps and gnashes teeth regarding the Tygens? Where is the same outrage against Shathar/Gjorhaan in favor of the Tygens? Is it because the Tygens have yet to disseminate an "I quit cause things got tough and my kitties will be hurt" message?

(Sha'thar sighs.)

It is easy, perhaps, to accuse, when your cubs are not in peril.  When my decision was made, it was not as if the reason was a nameless risk hidden behind many warp points.

The hunter was already and suddenly among our herds, on our game trails.  Almost to our dens.

It is one thing to say that you would fight, letting your species die in some vainglorious sacrifice when that fate is far away.  It is another to look up and see doom hovering, and imagining that an instant later the eyes of your cubs would be reflecting the flash of death from above.

It is indeed an odd trail the huntresses walk now.  But walk it we must.

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Hunting Sisters of the Gosht Kohr

Just so we understand...Sha'thar has given away her clan's freedom and now does the bidding of another empire? ;)

If this is so, perhaps a clan of lions should be called something other than a "pride," for it appears there is none left.

I, Gjor'haan, called as a disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkness of Darkness, and Shor'ha, his servant; to Justinian to those that have been sanctified in Darkness, disciples by calling, now including the Gosht Kohr, with all who in every place call upon Gjo'jaol for strength, present, once again, testament to the divine glory of Gjo'jaol:

Interpretation upon matters you know nothing about, is testament to your disfavor with Gjo'jaol. The Queen has every right to be proud, for her Cubs are now destined to hunt in fields they could only dream of. For those who wish to seek the terms of our alliance, save your inquiry. There are only two things to know:

Firstly, The power and glory of Gjo'jaol is supreme.

Second, The slightest offense toward the Gosht Kohr, Queen, or her Cubs, will incite the wrath of Gjo'jaol, through his prophet, Gjor'haan, and the Brothers of the Cauldron.

Keep your eyes on your own gates, Justinian, and pray we do not find passage to those, like you, who live in a position of judgmental ignorance. We bestow a reading from the Book of Priml, XXIVc.1L:

"Speak only of what you know to be true, and if you know not, speak not, until the truth is revealed onto you. Conjecture precedes divergence. False words are a poison to the Unity. Gjo'jaol did not grant us wisdom in the All Things, thus our words should be few in our search for Understanding."

Gjor'haan, disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkest of Darkness, do unflattering though truthful verbal comments regarding the Queen count as an offense? ;)

After all, according to the Book of Priml, XXIVc.1L: "Speak only of what you know to be true, and if you know not, speak not, until the truth is revealed onto you...."

In the words of the Queen, Shathar seeks communication with the Tygen empire and will have it "one way or another", so it must be truth.