Rolling Thunder Forums

Just for fun...

Supernove: Rise of the Empire is...  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both, I think.

Like most games with a role playing element, I think it shows us each what we would like to be, minus the constraints of real life. Including those aspects that we might suppress and hide even from ourselves. <_<

Note that I am not trying to accuse the various warmongers out there of being blood-thirsty killers just waiting for an excuse to start the slaughter! <_<

Just that each of us has an id. :P

TErnest

Both, I think.

Like most games with a role playing element, I think it shows us each what we would like to be, minus the constraints of real life.  Including those aspects that we might suppress and hide even from ourselves.  <_<

Note that I am not trying to accuse the various warmongers out there of being blood-thirsty killers just waiting for an excuse to start the slaughter!  <_< 

Just that each of us has an id.  :P

TErnest

I dont think Id want to be a small pear shaped alien with tentacles or a giant insect serving my queen :]

For me anyway its a game, doesnt meen Im a warmonger, I may love to trade, explore, conduct diplomacy but that in no way mirrors real life for me! If it was a mirror of real life I dont think Id participate. Its a fantasy where the rules dont have to match reality, things that are impossible are possible, the boundaries of morality, religion etc are redefined to what you want.

So 100% game for me :]

At first I was going to select Mirror. But I realized I'm so fantastic looking to begin with, I had no need to look at myself.

So then I was going to go for Game. But I realized a game is no fun unless you have a worthy opponent to play with.

Finally, the solution came to me. In my genius, I surmised I needed both the mirror and the game. I could then place the mirror opposite me, giving me a challenging opponent to play the game with (while providing an excellent view and a fascinating source of conversation). Yes, once more I have resolved another exceedingly complex problem, and come up with the perfect solution. I am SO wonderful.... <_<