Rolling Thunder Forums

Deep Core Heatsink

Eldred

I am someone hesitant to mention this as it may cause me some issues but...

Last turn I built a Deep Core Heatsink at a colony with horrendous attrition due to the temperature. I knew that we wouldn't have the requisite power (25,000) to run the thing until next turn and expected an error message. But, it worked perfectly, drew no power and stopped the attrition. Have I missed something here or is it another job for Pete?

I am someone hesitant to mention this as it may cause me some issues but...

Last turn I built a Deep Core Heatsink at a colony with horrendous attrition due to the temperature. I knew that we wouldn't have the requisite power (25,000) to run the thing until next turn and expected an error message. But, it worked perfectly, drew no power and stopped the attrition. Have I missed something here or is it another job for Pete?

I asked Pete about this myself sometime ago, and the answer is that for some reason they don't draw any power, but they continue to work.

Lord Uriel

Bizarre and very annoying as I've just shipped thousands of tons of CMs over in order to construct the power plants. This game is complex enough anyway without having to bargain for which rules work and which rules don't  :ninja:

Yes, somewhat troubling. But the error is in your favor.

I'd suggest building the power sources since you've shipped materials. Who knows when the power will become required?

Octus