Rolling Thunder Forums

Am I totally insane, or...

TErnest

Didn't Pete, fairly recently, institute a rule for repairing ships through shipyards, without going through the old disassemble-then-reassemble procedure? :D It was also supposed to retain the damaged ship's training and crew quality.

I seem to recall that he did. And I seem to recall that it was based upon the Scrap order. But I do not recall the exact order format required to accomplish it.

I could not find it on a forum search. And searching my printouts turned up nothing. Can any of you out there help me out?

Or is an adjustment in my medication more in order? :o

TErnest

For complete repairs you can use a shipyard, but that does require scrapping-and-reassembling.  Otherwise, all ships now have damage control teams that will repair the ship slowly over time without the need for shipyards.

Thank you, Pete!

I shall instruct my doctor to increase (or maybe decrease?) my dosage, accordingly!

TErnest

There was a suggestion to your described behavior on the boards, though :o

http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1115

So you are not completely dillusional :D

Cestvel

At least about this.....

Now where my meds? Did that other voice in my head hide them again? I hope their not in the designer chain saw case with all the blood stains. It was so messy getting refills last month.

Octus

Now where my meds? Did that other voice in my head hide them again? I hope their not in the designer chain saw case with all the blood stains. It was so messy getting refills last month.

Octus

Refills? Who can afford refills with prices these days. I just keep using the same bottle with a smudged date on it. SO that no one gets suspecious that I'm off my meds, I make my own pills to refill the bottle. Yes .. I carefully craft each pill out of paper mache, coloring it to match the old pills, even going so far (some might say obssessively so) to write the produce name on each pill in tiny letters. So tiny. So perfect. And as long as I keep thinking happy thoughts and stay in my happy place, everything will be alright.

You believe me don't you? That I'm alright? That nothing is wrong? Oh... I'm feeling tense. Must think happy thoughts. Must .. think .. happy .. thoughts. Must ... Must ....

:D

Scary part of that message is the fact that if he did, what he said he did, they would indeed be called “pills.” Not tablets nor capsules, but pills. Pills are actually a very old dosage form. The pharmacist would prepare a batch of the medication into a cookie dough (not unlike paper mache), and knead them on a special cutting board called a “pill tile.” When uniformly mixed, he would roll the dough into a cylinder which he would center the cylinder on the proper set of markings to yield 20,30, or whatever number he chose. The tile is calibrated to the number he wishes to make.Once the cylinder is cut into the proper number of pieces, each is rolled (hand crafted if you will) into a neat little, sphere which could be rolled on a bed of colored sugar. The sugar coated “pills” would be allowed to dry overnight then dispensed as a prescription.

So much for little known information, we want some much needed information? How are the turns coming Pete?

Scary part of that message is the fact that if he did, what he said he did, they  would indeed be called “pills.” Not tablets nor capsules, but pills. Pills are actually a very old dosage form. The pharmacist would prepare a batch of the medication into a cookie dough (not unlike paper mache), and knead them on a special cutting board called a “pill tile.”  When uniformly mixed, he would roll the dough into a cylinder which he would center the cylinder on the proper set of markings to yield 20,30, or whatever number he chose. The tile is calibrated to the number he wishes to make.Once the cylinder is cut into the proper number of pieces, each is rolled (hand crafted if you will) into a neat little, sphere which could be rolled on a bed of colored sugar. The sugar coated “pills” would be allowed to dry overnight then dispensed as a prescription.

So much for little known information, we want some much needed information? How are the turns coming Pete?

Since I work with a bunch of PharmD's, I will test their training in the history of pharmaceutical manufacturing. I hear about counting by 5's all the time, but what about pill rolling? (Oops, that refers to a neurologic disorder. Paper rolling? No, that's another drug use story.)

Any bets the RPh types out do the PharmDs?

Octus

I guess TErnest is not insane, just psychic. :ninja:

Cargo Barge designers, previously in hiding for having created an otherwise-useless item (the politically-charged BargeGate

scandal of '24 being the likely reason), have resurfaced with a new and improved Cargo Barge! Equipped with a spacious hold

outfitted with all manner of clamps, airlocks, EVA suits and a host of welding lasers mounted on turrets linked to a fully

integrated console on the bridge of the tiny vessel, Cargo Barges are a critical component in the new Repair Bay item -

designed...ahem...by the Cargo Barge designers themselves! Repair Bays assist in the repair of damaged ships and even other

units in the fleet! (the Repair Bay requires that you possess Cargo Barge and Heavy Machinery technology and is classified

as a Very Easy research project).