Rolling Thunder Forums

Domed City vs. Atmosphere Exchanger

Soerenjev

At least either they stack, or Athmosphere Exchanger is better, as I added some

Exchangers to a colony with a full complement of domed cities, which reduced the attrition to zero.

Without anything

Survey teams aboard 103rd Recon Group # 103 conduct a detailed analysis of XXXX-x

They analyze general information about the planet, and determine that the attrition rate at this world would be high, with a

steady and not inconsiderable loss of colonists to be expected over the long term.

Your survey teams break down the cause of the attrition into the following categories:

Atmosphere: --------------------------------------------|

Ocean: --------|

Temperature: --|

Gravity: |

Axial Tilt: |

Terrain (favorable) ..........|

Lifeform -----|

With 1 Domed City

Survey teams aboard 103rd Recon Group # 103 conduct a detailed analysis of XXXX-x

They focus especially on the conditions present in Population Group 13291, and determine that the attrition rate at this

world would be very low, with either a slight loss of population over time or perhaps a slight gain. Though not ideal, it

is close.

Your survey teams break down the cause of the attrition into the following categories:

Atmosphere: ----------------------------------|

Ocean: ----------------------|

Temperature: -----|

Radiation: ---------|

Terrain (favorable) ...........................|

Lifeform ------------|

With a Fluid Conversation and a City added

urvey teams aboard 103rd Recon Group # 103 conduct a detailed analysis of XXXX-x

They focus especially on the conditions present in Population Group 13291, and determine that the attrition rate at this

world would be very low, with either a slight loss of population over time or perhaps a slight gain. Though not ideal, it

is close.

Atmosphere: --------------------------------------------|

Ocean: --------------|

Temperature: -------|

Radiation: -----------|

Terrain (favorable) ...................................|

Lifeform ---------------|

With Colonial Training Centers added

is close.

Atmosphere: ---------------------------------------------------------------|

Ocean: ----------------------|

Temperature: -------|

Gravity: -|

Radiation: --------------|

Terrain (favorable) .....................................................|

Lifeform -----------------------|

Now added some Atmosphere Exchangers (not the 1 per 100) (about 1 per 200)

world would be zero. Ideal colonization conditions are present at this world.

Oh and before you ask, I think the world is worth it:

Resouce Yield Mines

Geothermal Potential 716 3580

Iron 621 3105

Radioactive Elements 597 2985

Light Metals 594 2970

Crystals 410 2050

Rare Elements 408 2040

Ghuran Demonblood 231 1155

Gaseous Elements 165 825

Water 160 800

Coal 38 190

At least either they stack, or Athmosphere Exchanger is better, as I added some

Exchangers to a colony with a full complement of domed cities, which reduced the attrition to zero.

Without anything

They analyze general information about the planet, and determine that the attrition rate at this world would be high, with a

steady and not inconsiderable loss of colonists to be expected over the long term.

Atmosphere:          --------------------------------------------|

Ocean:              --------|

Temperature:        --|

Gravity:            |

Axial Tilt:          |

Terrain (favorable) ..........|

Lifeform            -----|

With 1 Domed  City

is close.

Atmosphere:          ----------------------------------|

Ocean:              ----------------------|

Temperature:        -----|

Radiation:          ---------|

Terrain (favorable) ...........................|

Lifeform            ------------|

With a Fluid Conversation and a City added

urvey teams aboard 103rd Recon Group # 103 conduct a detailed analysis of XXXX-x

is close.

Atmosphere:          --------------------------------------------|

Ocean:              --------------|

Temperature:        -------|

Radiation:          -----------|

Terrain (favorable) ...................................|

Lifeform            ---------------|

With Colonial Training Centers added

is close.

Atmosphere:          ---------------------------------------------------------------|

Ocean:              ----------------------|

Temperature:        -------|

Gravity:            -|

Radiation:          --------------|

Terrain (favorable) .....................................................|

Lifeform            -----------------------|

Now added some Atmosphere Exchangers (not the 1 per 100) (about 1 per 200)

world would be zero. Ideal colonization conditions are present at this world.

Oh and before you ask, I think the world is worth it:

Resouce  Yield  Mines

Geothermal Potential 716 3580

Iron 621 3105

Radioactive Elements 597 2985

Light Metals 594 2970

Crystals 410 2050

Rare Elements 408 2040

Ghuran Demonblood 231 1155

Gaseous Elements 165 825

Water 160 800

Coal 38 190

thats quite the world only you didnt need to build so many geothermal powerplants

(I doubt very much you did). With that kind of output only a few would be required

to power everything! In fact that world would be a prime canidate for massive

numbers of Deep Core Surveyors as power would come to you extremely

efficiently.

thats quite the world only you didnt need to build so many geothermal powerplants

(I doubt very much you did). With that kind of output only a few would be required

efficiently.

Oh, the mines column is the simple max rule (yield*5). It's an output form my webtool.

This position is only 34 turns old. And the world has 6 Geothermal producing 91914 power.

For now I have only maxed Iron at 3105 mines with just above 1.000.000 iron each turn.

Deep Core Surveyor research is on schedule :ninja:

Oh and it seems the exchangers draw no power. I have still 88000 unused power in the

popgroup where my 24 Exchangers are sitting.

efficiently.

Oh, the mines column is the simple max rule (yield*5). It's an output form my webtool.

This position is only 34 turns old. And the world has 6 Geothermal producing 91914 power.

For now I have only maxed Iron at 3105 mines with just above 1.000.000 iron each turn.

Deep Core Surveyor research is on schedule :ninja:

Oh and it seems the exchangers draw no power. I have still 88000 unused power in the

popgroup where my 24 Exchangers are sitting.

hmmmm interesting... Being so young a position I wonder if newer HW's are being

given a bit of a boost to thier starting resources to help them catch up a little.

This in combination with knowing what paths to take to achieve specific goals

will greatly aid newer positions. :blush:

And it took some investment to make it a habitable place :cheers:

The Homesystem has only 3 worlds and the HW is crap (only one yield above 400 and that is Meat)

A crappy HW can be a benefit, once you get Deep Core Surveyors. For example my world had only 8 differing resources. Not really bad in size, but still it seemed poor compared to others. Now with the DCS's, almost every DCS hit is very used and useful, causing some yields to increase quite quickly. Only 8 items to potentially increase is a blessing in a way.