Rolling Thunder Forums

One Way Warp Points

kukri65

I've just encountered my first warp point that does not lead back to the system from which I warped. My question has to do with whether I have to be worried about something coming out of the originating warp point from somewhere I can't explore. For example: WP 111 in System A leads to WP 222 in System B. Is there a System C with a WP 333 that leads to WP 111 in System A?

I've just encountered my first warp point that does not lead back to the system from which I warped.  My question has to do with whether I have to be worried about something coming out of the originating warp point from somewhere I can't explore.  For example:  WP 111 in System A leads to WP 222 in System B.  Is there a System C with a WP 333 that leads to WP 111 in System A?

Cestval is correct in that more than one warp line can lead into a warp point in a system. I have one system that has two one way warps that lead to the exact same warp point in another system.

Note what this means. Even if you scan all the WP's in a star, and you scan all the exit points they come out at, there could still be a star somewhere with a path leading back (in a one way) to one of these scanned WP's. As you keep exploring, you will find most of these "backdoors" are in your local area within 5-6 jumps. Still, no WP is safe, and larger distance jumps could exist.

Note that I have not yet encountered anything leading into any of my one way warp points. Using your example, WP 111 leads to WP 222 in system B and is a one way. Then I have yet to find something leading back to WP 111. Oh, I'm sure that through random chance it may exist. And I do come close. WP 111 system A has a one way to WP 222 in system B. WP 333 in system B is a one way to WP 444 back in system A.

I've just encountered my first warp point that does not lead back to the system from which I warped.  My question has to do with whether I have to be worried about something coming out of the originating warp point from somewhere I can't explore.  For example:  WP 111 in System A leads to WP 222 in System B.  Is there a System C with a WP 333 that leads to WP 111 in System A?

Cestval is correct in that more than one warp line can lead into a warp point in a system. I have one system that has two one way warps that lead to the exact same warp point in another system.

Note what this means. Even if you scan all the WP's in a star, and you scan all the exit points they come out at, there could still be a star somewhere with a path leading back (in a one way) to one of these scanned WP's. As you keep exploring, you will find most of these "backdoors" are in your local area within 5-6 jumps. Still, no WP is safe, and larger distance jumps could exist.

Note that I have not yet encountered anything leading into any of my one way warp points. Using your example, WP 111 leads to WP 222 in system B and is a one way. Then I have yet to find something leading back to WP 111. Oh, I'm sure that through random chance it may exist. And I do come close. WP 111 system A has a one way to WP 222 in system B. WP 333 in system B is a one way to WP 444 back in system A.

Thanks guys. Not the answer I was hoping for, but the one I expected.

• 2 years later...

I suppose the difference in 1-way WP's and one you can't get back thru is a difference only in degree!

I recently went thru a 'B' into a system that has a 'C', a 'D', and 2 'E's; Are they stuck until better Survey Sensors arrive to rescue them?

Or will multiple attempts at the same WP increase the chance of success?

Thanks guys. Not the answer I was hoping for, but the one I expected.

The upside is if you garrison the Warp Point on the "receiving" end, you block both entry ways, sort of. :drunk:

-SK :cheers:

As long as there is no change, you will not get it surveyed.

Only sense in retry when the assigned explorer or scientist gains a level or you increse the number or quality

of the JSS.

Thanks. They'll just have to find something to amuse themselves with until they're rescued! :beer::cheers:

As long as there is no change, you will not get it surveyed.

Only sense in retry when the assigned explorer or scientist gains a level or you increse the number or quality

of the JSS.

Thanks. They'll just have to find something to amuse themselves with until they're rescued! :rolleyes::blink:

You could always put the ship on XEXPL, you may get lucky and get some WP info- just probably not on any systems you know of!!

If the fleet that got stack is in a system with planets, XEXPL is a way to open a WP in this system.

Do it at a planet in the system. If you get an EXPL hit for a WP connection it will be most likely one in *this* system. I hat it happen two times already.

In explored systems you will get a random WP connection which you will most likely never will see or use in your game time :rolleyes:

Hughestrog & cestvel:

Thanks! :blink: I had roughly the same idea, but since the lost ship has no cargo spaces, decided against doing an EXPL for the time being. :blink:

Better JSS & cargo bays are being built as we speak. Perhaps multiple ships with better sensors won't be the answer either, but the system does have 2 moons & a Gas Giant to keep them occupied. Wouldn't want to lose any more 'finds' like I did earlier. :blink:

Since the way back home is apparently thru a 'D', I may have the games largest exploration fleet 'in system' before this is done! :rolleyes::cheers:

I have successfully popped H class warp points with a single Mk III JSS and a level 6 explorer. I have heard faint rumors of I class warp points but have never seen them. I have found 4 H class warp points so far. Talk about your fuel guzzlers!

Sakarissa :rolleyes:

The Circle

I have yet to see one H. I guess I have been lucky. Lots of Gs and Fs though.

You would just need a Mk II JSS to crack a D.....should be relatively painless to crack that one.....if you send a ship to my area , I can even gift you a couple of Mk III JSS's.....now finding my area might be a problem without the Mk III's....

The way things are going, it may be easier to find you than my way back home! :rolleyes:

There isn't even a StarBars around to stop and ask directions at. :blink:

But then, I probably couldn't get them out of it if there were! :cheers::blink: