Rolling Thunder Forums

privates and scholars

Breoghan

New guy showing his ignorance here - I'm told in my setup that I have 2 recruits, a scholar and a private. Can't find any reference to these types of characters in the rulebook though. Are these proto-'legendary characters' - or am I guilty of wishful thinking? If not - just what the hell are they!?

Anything short of a snide comment would be very much appreciated.

OK - snide comments too.

New guy showing his ignorance here - I'm told in my setup that I have 2 recruits, a scholar and a private. Can't find any reference to these types of characters in the rulebook though. Are these proto-'legendary characters'  - or am I guilty of wishful thinking? If not - just what the hell are they!?

Anything short of a snide comment would be very much appreciated.

OK - snide comments too.

Each category of legendary characters has a set of titles. In fact as far as I know there are 7 levels to each category. Privates are Martial Artists and scholars are scientists. Others can shed more light on what Martial Artisits do but scientists provide research breakthroughs. The likelihood of getting character types depends on your government and Imperial Tradition.

I believe the ranks are:-

Explorer

1. Scout

2. Adventurer

3. Voyager

4. Pioneer

5. Explorer

6. Ranger

7. Legendary Explorer

Scientist

1. Scholar

2. Professor

3. Technologist

4. Academician

5. Senior Scientist

6. Master Scientist

7. Chief Scientist

Naval Officer

1. Senior Captain

2. Commodore

3. Rear Admiral

4. Vice Admiral

5. Admiral

6. Fleet Admiral

7. Grand Admiral

Special Agent

1. Detective

2. Investigator

3. Junior Agent

4. Senior Agent

5. Field Agent

6. Agent 00x

7. Director

Diplomat

1. Envoy

2. Diplomat

3. Junior Ambassador

4. Ambassador

5. Sr. Ambassador

6. Imperial Ambassador

Administrator

1. Administrator

2. Junior Administrator

3. Senior Administrator

4. Minister

5. Commissioner

6. Governor

Merchant

1. Broker

2. Financier

3. Trader

4. Speculator

5. Senior Trader

6. Master Trader

7. Merchant Prince

Army Officer

1. Senior Colonel

2. Brigadier General

3. Field general

4. General

5. Marshal

6. Field marshal

7. Grand Marshall

Martial Artist

1. Private

2. Corporal

3. Sergeant

4. Lieutenant

5. captain

6. Major

Religious Leader

1. Acolyte

2. Missionary

3. Priest

4. Archpriest

5. Bishop

6. Archbishop

Martial Artist:  Level 7 - Colonel

Religious Leader:  Level 7 - High Priest

Administrator: Level 7 - Provincial Governor

Do you know when I started a couple of months ago I spent a good while making up a spreadheet to record the different leader levels as i progress, then every turn Ive got Ive worked out and updated how my leader levels have changed, did some searches on the forum to get what info i could... It would have saved alot of time if I had just asked for that info! :]

Although it doesnt feel as satisfying as having worked for it .... still Im still happy I have that info... besides I still need to find out waht a level 7 diplomat is.... see all that work wasnt for nothing (feel free though to tell me if you know :}

thanks

Miltiades :]

besides I still need to find out waht a level 7 diplomat is.... see all that work wasnt for nothing (feel free though to tell me if you know :}

thanks

It is the title of your Emporer.

Do you know when I started a couple of months ago I spent a good while making up a spreadheet to record the different leader levels as i progress, then every turn Ive got Ive worked out and updated how my leader levels have changed, did some searches on the forum to get what info i could... It would have saved alot of time if I had just asked for that info! :]

Although it doesnt feel as satisfying as having worked for it .... still Im still happy I have that info... besides I still need to find out waht a level 7 diplomat is.... see all that work wasnt for nothing (feel free though to tell me if you know :}

thanks

It took a lot of searching on the form to put together my list so I found it quite satisfying. :angry:

New question - kinda important -

Is there some secret chant I've got to come out with to make the order entry work!? (I've tried the usual Anglo-Saxonisms, but they don't appear to be doing anything other than make my computer want to laugh at me). All I want to do is to put in a basic turn then spend the next 2 weeks figgering things out. I know what I want to do but the program won't let me!

:angry: You gotta be a little more specific as to what is going wrong. When this latest turn entry routine was posted we passed around a patch. If you are real new you may not know about it. Does your program terminate saying it can't find "?" :wub:

It says, "The Empire you have selected has not been set up for turn entry"

Send me your PDF and we will help!

On a serious note you need to create an empire first. Click new empire. Use empire number you get and then a name. works well after that.

These?

SN20%installation%20supplement%20v250.pdf

SN%20orders%20supplement%20250.pdf

SN%20rules%20v250.pdf

Send me your PDF and we will help!

On a serious note you need to create an empire first. Click new empire. Use empire number you get and then a name. works well after that.

These?

SN20%installation%20supplement%20v250.pdf

SN%20orders%20supplement%20250.pdf

SN%20rules%20v250.pdf

Ok - I'm just a little bit frustrated with this setup. Cryptic = sadism, ok?