Rolling Thunder Forums

How much.....

Breoghan

There I was, happily designing ships and thinking about what was needed and what wasn't ---- Then I came to 'Fuel Shuttles'.

How much fuel can a shuttle scoop up when it skims a source planet? I can't find mention of it anywhere. (Or at least, anywhere I've looked so far!)

Help would be appreciated - building a dozen shuttles for a ship would be a bit of a waste if it only took half a dozen to fill it to capacity with one fuel run, wouldn't it. :robot:

There I was, happily designing ships and thinking about what was needed and what wasn't ---- Then I came to 'Fuel Shuttles'.

How much fuel can a shuttle scoop up when it skims a source planet? I can't find mention of it anywhere. (Or at least, anywhere I've looked so far!)

Help would be appreciated - building a dozen shuttles for a ship would be a bit of a waste if it only took half a dozen to fill it to capacity with one fuel run, wouldn't it. :robot:

Look at the pinned topic at the top of this forum entitled Skimming Fuel. This should answer your questions.

How much fuel could a fuel shuttle scoop if a fuel shuttle could scoop fuel? 

200 tons on a world with 100 percent efficiency such as a gas giant.

Yup but say that five times fast. :cheers: (and I mean "How much fuel could a fuel shuttle scoop if a fuel shuttle could scoop fuel". :D )

Yup but say that five times fast. :cheers: (and I mean "How much fuel could a fuel shuttle scoop if a fuel shuttle could scoop fuel". :D )

Easy for an aquatic species to say..... :(

Octus

If I SCRP the 25 startup Pathfinders in the ship-building queue, assuming that components must be ready BEFORE items can be added to queues, how far down the deconstruction road do those components go?

Do the various computers and other finished items stay as they are?

Indeed, would the electronics in these finished items still be electronics - or would they be broken down to THEIR component parts?

Ditto the steel, sythetic materials and the like....?

Will I have to re-make the highest level components again before I can use them in various new builds?

...and on a related subject...

Am I right in saying that a new ship design can't be used until the following turn?

If I SCRP the 25 startup Pathfinders in the ship-building queue, assuming that components must be ready BEFORE items can be added to queues, how far down the deconstruction road do those components go?

Do the various computers and other finished items stay as they are?

Indeed, would the electronics in these finished items still be electronics - or would they be broken down to THEIR component parts?

Ditto the steel, sythetic materials and the like....?

Will I have to re-make the highest level components again before I can use them in various new builds?

...and on a related subject...

Am I right in saying that a new ship design can't be used until the following turn?

A ship can be scrapped back to its constituent parts, but those parts can never be broken down further. Iron can't be made back into Raw Resources, Steel can't be made back into Iron. Once a Mk I Computer System always a Mk I Computer System.

I've not needed to do it before, but as I've read from others: A ship design can be used the same turn that it's submitted as long as you have all of the components already in stockpile. The only difficulty lies in that the Crystal Palace won't have the new ship design listed yet. It won't be in the drop down list box like your other designs. Just be very careful and make sure to spell the design name correctly. It should work just fine.

The only caveat being that it passes the Naval Design Board. Never heard of one failing, but I suppose if you designed a ship with less than 1000 tons, it might reject or change your design.

EDIT: By the way. You can't scrap a ship and use the parts from it to build another ship in the same turn. The parts have to be in stockpile when you issue the SHIP order (during the order phase). Since the ship isn't disassembled until the shipyard phase, those parts won't be available till the next order phase which is next turn.

A ship can be scrapped back to its constituent parts, but those parts can never be broken down further. Iron can't be made back into Raw Resources, Steel can't be made back into Iron. Once a Mk I Computer System always a Mk I Computer System.

I've not needed to do it before, but as I've read from others: A ship design can be used the same turn that it's submitted as long as you have all of the components already in stockpile. The only difficulty lies in that the Crystal Palace won't have the new ship design listed yet. It won't be in the drop down list box like your other designs. Just be very careful and make sure to spell the design name correctly. It should work just fine.

The only caveat being that it passes the Naval Design Board. Never heard of one failing, but I suppose if you designed a ship with less than 1000 tons, it might reject or change your design.

EDIT: By the way. You can't scrap a ship and use the parts from it to build another ship in the same turn. The parts have to be in stockpile when you issue the SHIP order (during the order phase). Since the ship isn't disassembled until the shipyard phase, those parts won't be available till the next order phase which is next turn.

Thanks - you've saved me a lot of wasted effort!