Rolling Thunder Forums

The Disappearing Colony Ship

NeilGartner

I got my turn result back and I discovered a 835,000 ton Largo Colonial Transport that I assigned to have constructed for this turn has disappeared, along with the 50 Colony Berths and the 3350 MKII Fusion Engines being used to build it. What happened? B)

The only thing that might have caused this is that I changed the fleet name that the Colony ship was being assigned to. However, I thought it was okay because I did everything I the correct order or so I think. Now, I only want the parts I lost in the failed construction attempt.

I contacted Pete but I haven't gotten an answer back yet. Maybe he's busy or is working on it. I just what this problem corrected and make sure it doesn't happen again. Has this happened to anyone before? :blink:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to ask the silly question .. did you check your shipyard queue? Perhaps construction did not finish due to (1) other ships in the way (ie .. not enough shipyard slips to handle all the ships ordered), or (2) not enough power to keep all the shipyards running (ie .. not enough power for all the shipyards).

Yep.

That I can attest to.

I have a (perhaps nasty) habbit of, continually dsimantling / constructing shipyard slips. I just can't stand seeing the construction materials tied up in these things, doing nothing if I don't need them for a cycle. Or if I want to put what I have on hold, for whatever reasons, I'll play with the shipyards, themselves, too (which runs the risks of screwing my power allocations, which in turn can wreck my production cycle - but thats another story...).

Have to ask the silly question .. did you check your shipyard queue?  Perhaps construction did not finish due to (1) other ships in the way (ie .. not enough shipyard slips to handle all the ships ordered), or (2) not enough power to keep all the shipyards running (ie .. not enough power for all the shipyards).

Okay, at times like this I wish i had an experienced player living next door or within phoning distance. I found this on my turn sheet but I couldn't understand how the Colony ship III was 51 on the building order considering I built 24 Bricks, 23 Vigant Alpha's, 2 Frontier's and the single Colony Ship III (adds to 50). The total tonnaged was way under the 3 million limit for my shipyards and I had 50 Slips.

Shipyard Report

Margelain - Population Group ID 205 - Shipyard Slips: 50 - Output 3,000,000 - Scrap?

51 - Colony Ship III class Large Colonial Transport - 0 / 835,000 - Assign to Fleet 1001

Then I looked at my last turn before this one and noticed I went over the limited and had one more ship (a simple gnat) on the way. This probably did it.

So the mystery is solved and I feel like an idiot for not figuring this out for myself. B)

Thanks for cluing me in. :blink:

Woah!

50x Shipyard Slips, and 300x Shipyards, plus the power plants to run them!

B)

Lucky you, to have such a strong position, in order to produce such naval capacity!

Krysia, at some point you will find that power and Construction Materials are not a significant limitation. I have found this to be true once I could build Improved Stripmines, Improved Industrial Complexes and Fusion Power Plants (only requires 100 water).

Or have a 19235 Hydro on the home world. Of course that is a different story. We're a land of massive rivers that flow both uphill and down hill (using the right of way)

Are you one of those nasty, evil, low down, no good varmints which took advantage of a bug in how ICE-1 and ICE-2 worked to giver yourself a huge advantage over others? :thumbsup:

Or have a 19235 Hydro on the home world. Of course that is a different story. We're a land of massive rivers that flow both uphill and down hill (using the right of way)

Are you one of those nasty, evil, low down, no good varmints which took advantage of a bug in how ICE-1 and ICE-2 worked to giver yourself a huge advantage over others? :thumbsup:

An unfortunate way to skew game balance.

I am curious about this bug for ICE-1 and ICE-2, my understanding of the assorted ICE-? was that you had a random chance that a resource would either increase or decrese, with the more advanced versions being more realible. So how can something like this have a bug. :wub:

Sir Smeg :thumbsup:

I'm sorry....WHAT!? If there has been a bug in the ICE tech so that some players have been able to use it get extremely high values then of course that is something Pete should have acted on as it seriously affects production capacities and thus balance and Pete should correct those values back to base. Pete has been alerted to some other balance issues in the past as with the DCS but I've not really seen any action on it? Pete?

/Locklyn

Wow, if that is true then I second Locklyn. Pete should look into this and if there truly is a bug that is allowing values like 19235 to develop as a result of a bug, then it should be corrected (and in a retroactive manner if someone developed values of 19235 in something like Iron or Lumber or Crystals through an ICE bug).

My guess however is that what EEOC meant was that each of his hydroelectric plants is puting out 19235 power (not an unreasonable number), but I would appreciate it if we heard some reassurance from Pete on this subject.

Wow, if that is true then I second Locklyn.  Pete should look into this and if there truly is a bug that is allowing values like 19235 to develop as a result of a bug, then it should be corrected (and in a retroactive manner if someone developed values of 19235 in something like Iron or Lumber or Crystals through an ICE bug). 

My guess however is that what EEOC meant was that each of his hydroelectric plants is puting out 19235 power (not an unreasonable number), but I would appreciate it if we heard some reassurance from Pete on this subject.

I take it to mean his hydro rating is 19,235. There are several players going about claiming to have gotten resource ratings in the 10K+ range using ICE. If there was one or two people claiming this, I'd put it off as pure jawboning for game play purposes. But the number of claims of reaching such levels is getting to be troubling.