Rolling Thunder Forums

GATK and movement

Prospective

Hi all,

Ok, here's a question for all you GATK experts out there. I've found a couple of advanced neutrals in two adjacent systems. I have set down a COLB on each planet this turn. My plan is to maximize the usage of my troops since they are so expensive, and use them to take over both neutrals next turn. Here is what I want to do, but am not sure if it's legit or if something in the rules prevents me from doing this:

1) Move troop transport (TT) to advanced neutral 1

2) OC all troops into my pop center

3) NEWA, DIV, and GATK at neutral 1

4) EAF, all troops to TT

5) MOV,WARP,NM to advanced neutral 2

6) OC all troops into my pop center

7) NEWA, DIV and GATK at neutral 2

Assuming my TT has enough AP's (and fuel), is this legal? Can I use the SAME troops to attack two separate neutrals in the same turn?

OR, must I wait and do one GATK on this next turn, then do a second GATK on the first turn in December???

Anyone able to help me on this? Thanks.

Hi all,

Ok, here's a question for all you GATK experts out there.  I've found a couple of  advanced neutrals in two adjacent systems.  I have set down a COLB on each planet this turn.  My plan is to maximize the usage of my troops since they are so expensive, and use them to take over both neutrals next turn.  Here is what I want to do, but am not sure if it's legit or if something in the rules prevents me from doing this:

1)  Move troop transport (TT) to advanced neutral 1

2)  OC all troops into my pop center

3)  NEWA, DIV, and GATK at neutral 1

4)  EAF, all troops to TT

5)  MOV,WARP,NM to advanced neutral 2

6)  OC all troops into my pop center

7)  NEWA, DIV and GATK at neutral 2

Assuming my TT has enough AP's (and fuel), is this legal?  Can I use the SAME troops to attack two separate neutrals in the same turn?

OR, must I wait and do one GATK on this next turn, then do a second GATK on the first turn in December???

Anyone able to help me on this?  Thanks.

Yes, you can load troops, move them, reassign them, and attack worlds multiple times in a turn. I've done this several times myself and it worked fine.

The kicker is, the trrops can only be reloaded if in the GATK order they encountered no resistance (IE -- no enemy troops). If they engage in any real battle, then, the next EAF order will fail. This makes sense. If there is no resistance, they quickly sweep through the enemy POP groups, secure the important location and officials, and are still organized and well supplied for another drop. If they engage in battle, it could be said they are to busy wiping out pockets of resistance to comply with the EAF order.

Also, be aware there is a bug which sometimes crops up, where troops loading onto your troop transport in the second and later EAF order seem to get treated like 2 units for load counts. Pete does a good job fixing this if there are any errors created. But it is annoying when it appears.

Nope, never and unlike it says it the rulebook you can do pretty much whatever with a neutral and it will never object, revolt or even make fun of you in secret :laugh:

Cheers

/Locklyn

Nope, never and unlike it says it the rulebook you can do pretty much whatever with a neutral and it will never object, revolt or even make fun of you in secret :)

Cheers

/Locklyn

That's what they want you to think. Even now, a young moisture farmer is buying some droids... :laugh: