Rolling Thunder Forums

converting into natives?

rotor911

Once I've conquered or "peaced" a primitive neutral, I have a population center. If I drop colonists into this population center, they'll become citizens of this population center...totally adapted to their environment, as different as their initial one as it may be. Or is it too simple and there is a catch?

Once I've conquered or "peaced" a primitive neutral, I have a population center. If  I drop colonists into this population center, they'll become citizens of this population center...totally adapted to their environment, as different as their initial one as it may be. Or is it too simple and there is a catch?

Unfortunately no. You can only conquer them or convince them to join your empire. Once yours you still cant 'add' your own colonists to this pop group as they

arent your lifeform. Pete did this as a way to avoid severe abuse which would have

undoubtedly have happened.

Also, if you remove them from the Pop center they will share the same attrition as the colonists from your HW. :rolleyes:

Yep. This prevents abuse as you said. But it can make for some strange mechanics to get around it. For example, you could dismantle everything except for a colonial training center, and convert all the POP into Colonists. They magically transmute into YOUR colonists of YOUR race. Then they can be picked up and dropped on a nearby POP of your own choosing that you created, and everything but ruins can be rebuilt (if you transfer over CM and the like). Of course if the world is pretty hostile towards your race, this does not work out to well. And for most of the neutrals involved, why bother. Of course you can do this to another players captured colony. Which may be more useful as then in the future, assuming you wish, you can drop POP and watch it grow. Complete assimilation.

Another option is to change them into Troopers and then transport them somewhere for conversion into more forces for your ever growing imperial armies.

The final option is to have a friend take them over, and them blast them into oblivion in weapons testing. Hey, with limited growth they have so little value. So once you get anything they had in stock transferred to your ships, you can let loose with your frustration over how little they mean in the game.