Rolling Thunder Forums

Looking for new trading partners

crossroads

You are mistaken. We are a great succes. :P When we started on May the 6th we only had about 300 minor ANZ/INST and 3 members. Now we have 16 members (many elders), more than a dozen trade contacts and 764 ANZ and INST. :angry:

Because you think that keeping things secret as much as possible is wise and you want to waste your time with endless discussions on "mine ANZ is more worth than yours" does not mean that others want that too. :D

I agree it has been very succesfull, and although I know that some groups have a lot more data, memebership has been very usefull for me and I am sure for all the other indepedent members of crossroads initiative.

He is a very active and enthousiastic list keeper, and I appreciate his efforts!

Kind regards, André

Oh, we concur, they have been very successful. Frankly I am quite envious that I did not think of it first so that I could benefit from ALL members research efforts, rather than being a member where all I get is as much as I can trade for. Being way behind on the research curve, it is exceedingly hard to get new tech to trade.

Of course, given the rarity of 5th gen+ ANZ's I am surprised that they do not encourage trade by offering say 5 2nd gen or 4 3rd gen or 3 4th gen techs for each 5th gen one they get. That seems a bit more fair to the younger races...

I say publish the whole darn tech tree. :D

The only reason I haven't traded with Crossroads yet is because 99% of it I've traded with other empires. the latest list had a couple of dozen gorund items I had never seen before and a couple of high end horizons that we basically know the descriptions of.

The research advances slow down after the SRPs run dry.

I imagine that in a couple of months, a few of us might volunteer a tech tree that is similar to what the Crossroads group has found.

What do we have to lose by aloowing new players to learn the game? What -- are they going to come after us? :lol:

Heck - even if most of us knew the tech tree, we all only have 25 RCs to begin with.

Thats why I fully applaud Crossroads' efforts.

The reason we trade one for one is that everybody has his own concept on what is a fair trade. It will be different for each person. I have had endless discussions on that subject. I had players who told me what i should find valuable and that i should be very happy with what they offered. :P It also takes a lot of time. :cheers:

We trade a tech 2 ANZ for a tech 6 ANZ as easily as the other way around :D (anyone interested in the ANZ of cloning center?). Sometimes the trading partner gets the higher level techs, the other time it is you on the other end. In the end it levels out. :thumbsup:

I greatly appreciate the information I have gained by joining the group. We don’t have any political arguments or bickering within the group, at least not that I’m aware of. We don’t have a bunch of rules and restrictions and pre-conditions. We just give what information we have, and get a whole lot more in return.

The openness and honesty works well for me.

I support the 1 for 1 trade policy. It’s simple. It’s easy. It’s up-front and honest. It all works out well in the long run.

Other player groups may have more information, but this is the group that suites me.

Just to clarify: all members get the whole list. So the 16 all have access to all the info.

However, Crossroads also opens up to non-members. For them, a trade of 1 for 1 is proposed.

If you want to join as a member, you will have to share all ANZ and INST you have, and you get all the ANZ and INST all members have. Nothing else. No exchange of pdf's, no sharing of maps etc. Crossroads accepts or declines membership, I think (he manages the yahoo group).

I didn't even know SargonKingOfSlith was a member :( . In sharing information we use our real names, so I can start guessing who Sargon in real life is.

Kind regards, André

How does one go about joining as a full member?

First: we have no different members. You are a member or not.

Second: the first step is just ask.

I'm still a newbie at this game and the ever changing rules are not helping but I'd join your group Crossroads but what information could I have that you don't already? I don't know how your groups really works but it sounds like you and AKO have different takes in it.

But I'd give up my ANZ/INST info...guess I just need clarification on what I get back...I assume 1 to 1 but since I don't have much I just don't know

Peter

How does one go about joining as a full member?

First: we have no different members. You are a member or not.

Second: the first step is just ask.

I'm still a newbie at this game and the ever changing rules are not helping but I'd join your group Crossroads but what information could I have that you don't already? I don't know how your groups really works but it sounds like you and AKO have different takes in it.

But I'd give up my ANZ/INST info...guess I just need clarification on what I get back...I assume 1 to 1 but since I don't have much I just don't know

Peter

We have accepted new players before. Some had only just played 4-6 turns. Our membership is spread from beginners to elders. Quite evenly.

This game is very massive. Even if we would be with a hundred people it is still impossible to reasearch it all. We, as the Crossroads group, estimate that there must be at least 3000 ANZ and INST. If you were to become a member you get access to all info we have. We do not have second rate members. If you are really interested just email me (see my peronal profile).