Rolling Thunder Forums

Login issue

hobknob

Let me be the first to say that the log in problem does not seem to have been corrected. I am still required to log in every time I visit the board. I have checked the box that is supposed to remember me, but nothing seems to have changed.

Getting used to a new look is always a bit painful....

:)

Let me be the first to say that the log in problem does not seem to have been corrected.  I am still required to log in every time I visit the board.  I have checked the box that is supposed to remember me, but nothing seems to have changed.

Getting used to a new look is always a bit painful....

That login issue is getting to be a Moby Dick issue for me - trying to nail it down is more than a little frustrating <_<

Russ

This might help. I have a similar problem, but not with the RTG board. I have it with MSN Passport. Everything else remembers but passport. I have to relog into hotmail everytime i re-open a browser, "UNLESS" I launch hotmail from MSN messenger, then passport works correctly and takes me straight to hotmail.

very strange

Hi,

login to this board seems cookie related.

So if you have disabled cookies or forbid your browser to set the cookie (the brower will remember your choice) you must login every time.

Check on your cookie settings.

Cestvel

I think the issue is much more complex than this - such cookie related fixes have been tried long ago to no avail :)

Hi,

login to this board seems cookie related.

So if you have disabled cookies or forbid your browser to set the cookie (the brower will remember your choice) you must login every time.

Check on your cookie settings.

Cestvel

Not to worry. The login issue is probably the least important issue to be faced. It is rather inconvenient, but nothing that can't be overcome. I don't think it is a cokkie issue as I am remembered on numerous other boards without a problem. I also seem to be remembered if I am folling a link from an email notification, but is I just go the the site from the browser I have to log in every time. Sometimes it will even tell me when my last log in was, butstill shows me not logged in.

I don't expect a fix any time soon so don't fret over it. I just wanted to point out that the issue hadn't gone away yet.

The support staff for our hosting company indicates that they've made a few minor changes that might help - let me know if the login issue was troubling you before but not now.

The email link follow is a good point as I've had that brought up by another. Is the problem confined to users of IE? Anybody with a different browser having the same trouble?

Russ

Since I'm waiting for my first setup turn tonight I obviously don't have any previous experience with the auto login feature, but ... I can give you my experience today with a non-IE browser.

I use FireFox. I've usually got multiple tabbed windows open. If I close the SNROTE page and re-open it later I don't need to log in again. If I close the browser completely, then I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Tech support has made some adjustments recently so hopefully the login issue has been corrected :o

You may have to redo your favorites/bookmark link or set up a new desktop shortcut but that should be it.

If you are still having problems - let me know what they are, etc. and I'll dig back into it.

Take care and best wishes for 2005!!

Russ

Gone to worse, Russ.

Now I have to login every time. Before the update all was fine. :-(

Good that this happened in the old year, so there is hope for 2005 ;-)

Cestvel

Hmm...how do you go to the board Cestvel. A favorite/bookmark link, a desktop shortcut or do you type in the URL address in your browser?

Russ