Rolling Thunder Forums

Exploration

Aquilonia

How far your pioner explorers gone from home ?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmm I'll choose 5-6 out because I've completely surveyed every warp point in that 'radius'

One thing that is odd about talking about maps with other players is that we all have our own weird sense of direction and distance.

The only way you could accurately answer this poll is if you had completely surveyed every single warp point X-systems out in every direction :holiday:

I find that the systems "16 out in that direction" suddenly turn into systems "8 out in the other direction"

Mapping madness fun for everyone! :pirate2:

Hmmm I'll choose 5-6 out because I've completely surveyed every warp point in that 'radius'

One thing that is odd about talking about maps with other players is that we all have our own weird sense of direction and distance.

The only way you could accurately answer this poll is if you had completely surveyed every single warp point X-systems out in every direction :holiday:

I find that the systems "16 out in that direction" suddenly turn into systems "8 out in the other direction"

Mapping madness fun for everyone!  :pirate2:

It's easier for us, because warp points are so sparse in our section of space. Quite simple to map "everything"

:holiday: Well I feel that 3 systems/WPs out from your HW system is a must, then after that has been reached then the next goal should be out to 5 then 7 and 9 and so on. Along about 5-7 is when you mostly find other empirers as well to...mostly!!! :pirate2:

Along about 5-7 is when you mostly find other empirers as well to...mostly!!! :holiday:

Well, that's good. Our furthest explorer is about to jump into the 6th system in that direction and we haven't found anyone yet. Lots of good colony worlds within 3 jumps, though. We wish we could get the eggs to hatch faster: we need more workers to fill those worlds!

I have one explorer that is 20 out and still trucking.  This guy is also using a single Mk II JSS without the benefit of an Explorer. 

:cheers:

Dang! That must be the luckiest ship in your Fleet. I've got multiple Mk II JSS equipped vessels (w/o Explorers or Scientists) trapped behind E and F class, or worse, Warp Points.

I've dispatched better equipped vessels out to 'free' them. On the other hand they're getting a lot of experience firing their weapons (LFE). :cheers:

-SK B)

• 1 year later...
I have one explorer that is 20 out and still trucking. This guy is also using a single Mk II JSS without the benefit of an Explorer.

Since the passage of time, from the date of above mentioned post: Do inform us, emperor Hobknob...

Does the crew of such vessel herein mentioned, still possess the stouthearted quality of mind, enabling them to resolutely face the perils of deep space exploration, or... Have they succumbed to an obscure predestination... ?

“The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.”

--CUE-Tao

The intrepid explorer has since become trapped. He had 5 new unsurved systems to choose from and managed to chose the system that was a dead end with the single WP back being beyond reach. To add insult ot injury, it is a nexus system so he can neither refuel or look for souvenirs to return home with.

On the up side, I have dispatched a sencond like exploration fleet to his location with the hopes that their combined might Mk II JSS's will be able to crack the WP. If they are successful than they will once again be on the pursuit of new systems.

This particular fleet is far enough off that it is rathr impratical to dispatch a more moder ship to rescue him. The orders are just not there at the moment and neither are the fleet assets when it comes down to it.