Rolling Thunder Forums

Ground Combat

athonian

What units are best to train? i'm looking at them and i'm confused. b4 looking carefully an army of special talents seemed good... =P

and do nbc's use psychic weapons like the telekinetic blaster?

Build some - do TACs - make choices....... :D

An army of Special Talents will be pretty strong in the Psychic arena....... :blush:

If we can ever land troops on that drop we've been experimenting on - then we'll see what happens and post some results.

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

What units are best to train? i'm looking at them and i'm confused. b4 looking carefully an army of special talents seemed good... =P

and do nbc's use psychic weapons like the telekinetic blaster?

Build some - do TACs - make choices....... :D

An army of Special Talents will be pretty strong in the Psychic arena....... :blush:

If we can ever land troops on that drop we've been experimenting on - then we'll see what happens and post some results.

If I understand Pete's design philosphy correctly from previous games of his I've played, the concept of combined arms is what will help you most. In other words, you probably want a variety of different units, with tech bonuses in lots of different areas.

- woolfe

TAC?

This isn't in the order supplement.  What does it do and require?

Whilst we still await a rewrite of the Rules and the Orders Supplement, I would strongly recommend a scan through the available orders in the Input program - where I believe there's only one currently missing and that's the XDIP one. This will show you the format and number of existing orders available.

To answer your specific question - you perform a Tactical Analysis order (TAC) on an Army - so 'TAC, 1' will detail your starting army.

What you'll get is a breakdown of the ratings you have achieved against the Ground tech areas you have.

Every division type gives access to one, or more, different tech areas. Build some and TAC them to find out which......

One thing to note is that if you do not have any ground tech which gives a rating in a particular category then your troops will not show a rating in that category. The best thing is to have at least one tech item researched in each ground category then do the TAC to determine which rating areas apply to each type of ground troop.