Rolling Thunder Forums

Way off Topic.

Lord Uriel

When I came into work this morning (I'm a highschool teacher) and there were a couple thousand crickets in the hallways. :blush:

I thought Krellnet had sent an advance party to recon a landing site. :D

A bug stomping plan was considered, but Science Honors Society volunteered to collect and save them for the lizards.

Sorry to bother you gentlemen with this, but I saw the bugs, and thought Krellnet had to have had something to do with. :blink:

Enjoy your day!

Lord Uriel

Hmm, interesting news article form Denver area this morning.....

DENVER, CO (AP) -- Several small organic ships loaded with insect troop berthings were seen leaving the Westminster area earlier this morning. Several eye-witnesses reported the strange objects while commuting eastbound along US-36.

"At first I thought it was a flock of birds," one man said.

"It looked like debris flying off from the Federal overpass...but it was still in the sky once I drove underneath it. The litle ships were there and then...gone....I heard buzzing sounds."

Local authorities were hesitant to accept the first few dispatch reports until the news choppers started reporting a traffic slowdown due to "strange pollution"

The military has declined comment.

Perhaps the most mysterious element of this story is the elation of local bartenders who are thrilled that "HBOB finally got their crap together"

well that would explain a lot. i had a bottle of fine persian mead... and the next thing i know.... its empty. then i notice a tinny little note.

"earthmead is putrid compared to our space mead. and in space we are far superior. for example we have superior jumping ability. *bounce bounce*"

end note. i'm creeped out. =P

*twilight zone music starts playing*

the end?

For the record, we're more akin to what you call wasps or hornets than crickets. And we have neither troops nor troop berthings, so it couldn't have been us.

Has anyone seen Ixitixl lately, though...?

It was a Krelnett invasion force with orders to conquer the Earth. Unfortunately for Krelnett he hadn't checked the differences in scale. It must have been embarrassing that his entire army was captured by the Science Honors Society and turned over to the school Lizards for "interrogation".

For the record, we're more akin to what you call wasps or hornets than crickets.  And we have neither troops nor troop berthings, so it couldn't have been us.

Has anyone seen Ixitixl lately, though...?

B)

OOC: We shut down for a couple of weeks at work for the x-mas holidays, and then we changed locations for the offices when we came back. So of course it took another week to get my internet set up again.

The Mantodeans resemble the preying-mantis and we are of average size. Therefore that was not our advance scouts in the school...

When I came into work this morning (I'm a highschool teacher) and there were a couple thousand crickets in the hallways.   B)

I thought Krellnet had sent an advance party to recon a landing site.  :alien2:

A bug stomping plan was considered, but Science Honors Society volunteered to collect and save them for the lizards.

Sorry to bother you gentlemen with this, but I saw the  bugs, and thought Krellnet had to have had something to do with.   :)

Enjoy your day!

Lord Uriel

I hope you brought in a professional troop of Irish Dancers to solve this insect problem. Messy and noisy, but effective.

Octus B)

Gentlemen,

Thankfully there are a few humorous types out there who could enjoy the Cricket Caper. Having collected the opinions of the various players, the Science Honors Society were advised to consider the crickets dangerous.

At the suggestion of Octus a troupe of Irish Step (?) Dancers were contacted and they are reportedly warming up with their "Mk IV Extra Stompy Bug Stompers."

Thanks for laugh.

At the suggestion of Octus a troupe of Irish Step (?) Dancers were contacted and they are reportedly warming up with their "Mk IV Extra Stompy Bug Stompers."

Thanks for laugh.

And thank you for filling in STEP. I was blocking on the complete descriptor. Must be a sign of age.....

B)