Rolling Thunder Forums

email address

Octus Imperium

I can't change my email address to my email address, because it says the email address is already in use! How do I fix this? :alien2:

It is something that came up with the new version of the board that we have now - a legacy issue involving multiple user accounts and the same email address (not allowed under this board software). If you have this problem, let me know and I can handle it as a board admin.

I've corrected this problem so your Octus Imperium user account should be in good order now B)

Russ

Your email address has been changed because it was in use by another account. This means that all email will NOT go to your correct email address - this could include lost password notifications, etc.

PLEASE change your email address immediately.

Above is the message I receive when logging in. It has happen both times I've logged in since the fix. The email address is correct now, but this warning pops up. Is there something I need to do to prevent this warning? Thanks

Steve

(Of course, do NOT delay turns to fix this minor issue!)

Your email address has been changed because it was in use by another account. This means that all email will NOT go to your correct email address - this could include lost password notifications, etc.

PLEASE change your email address immediately.

Above is the message I receive when logging in. It has happen both times I've logged in since the fix. The email address is correct now, but this warning pops up. Is there something I need to do to prevent this warning? Thanks

Steve

(Of course, do NOT delay turns to fix this minor issue!)

Hi Steve,

Hmm...it may be getting excited since I was the one who changed your email address after I had cleared out the old user account. Go ahead and reset your email address to the correct one from your end and we'll see if that make the board software happy :oops:

Russ

Hi Steve,

Hmm...it may be getting excited since I was the one who changed your email address after I had cleared out the old user account. Go ahead and reset your email address to the correct one from your end and we'll see if that make the board software happy :oops:

Russ

Will give it a shot, but the current email address is the correct one. Will report back and thanks for your assistance.

Russ,

Once again, it does not let me change my email address because the address is already in use. Should I change to an alternate email address, like work? Then try to change it back?

Steve

Hmm...I just ran another search and I don't show any duplicates. Go ahead and try switching to an alternate email address then changing it back. The board software just appears to be confused :oops: Hopefully this will reset everything.

Russ