Rolling Thunder Forums

Odd thing

Clan of Xymox

Hi all,

here's an odd thing I noticed on my turnsheets. On the researchable items list I have both MkI Field Hospital and MkII Field Hospital ??? Going back a few turns i noticed that the MkII became researchable after completing 2nd Gen Medical Science (educated guess, I completed several research topics that turn). So why would I still wanna research MkI Field Hospital.. unless it unlocks something new to research? And shouldn't MkII become available only after completing MkI ? perhaps in combination with 2nd Gen Medical Science as a prerequisite??? Pete / Russ / anyone ???

Rene

Hi all,

here's an odd thing I noticed on my turnsheets. On the researchable items list I have both MkI Field Hospital and MkII Field Hospital ??? Going back a few turns i noticed that the MkII became researchable after completing 2nd Gen Medical Science (educated guess, I completed several research topics that turn). So why would I still wanna research MkI Field Hospital.. unless it unlocks something new to research? And shouldn't MkII become available only after completing MkI ? perhaps in combination with 2nd Gen Medical Science as a prerequisite??? Pete / Russ / anyone ???

Rene

Mk I Field Hospital and Mk II Field Hospital have different prerequisites. Since all ground based technology "stacks" you may wish to research both tech for a greater Medical TAC value.

The Medical catergory is one of the categories that you start with no tech, thus you have a TAC value of "0" in this regardless of the units you have. It is not a bad idea to research Mk I Field Hospital (3 turns) and find out what units have the Medical Category.

Yes, this can happen. It's ok to have both techs researched, or skip the Mk I if you can research the Mk II directly. In ground combat, every tech that you have counts toward TAC bonuses, so even if you already have the Mk II it's ok to subsequently research the Mk I, just to get more TAC points in the event of a ground combat.