Rolling Thunder Forums

Beginning Warp Point(s)?

Kevin.C

Hi guys,

On my initial setup, there's an area of Unsurveyed Warp Points. And then near the end of the setup there's an area of Surveyed Warp Points. The same Warp Point/Warp Points is/are showed on both of these listings.

Are initial home system Warp Points surveyed, or do I need to do this?

Thanks

Kevin

No- all the warp points leading out of your Home system are surveyed, and you're ready to go!

Great.

By the way, the way you emphasized leading out indicates I need to survey the point/points heading into my Home system.. Is this something that needs to be done? Or once I've surveyed one direction is it good for both directions?

Kevin

There may be technology available later on that allows closed WP (WP leading into your system only, i.e. ones you can't see from inside your home system) to be surveyed.

However, it's been mentioned that if you enter a system which has one of these one way WP leading to your home system, then it's already been survyed. All WP leading into/out of you home system are surveyed. Cunning. Maybe.

A survey is good in one direction only. At the start all the outbound points from your home system are surveyed (your astronomers have been studying them for years).

When you jump into a new system you will have to survey the warp point before you can make the return trip. However, you are guaranteed to succeed in surveying the warp points leading back into your system, so you have a hard time getting stuck on the first jump (unless its a one-way).

After that you have to survey each direction, following the normal warp-point survey success rules.

Balagor

One other point is there is a bug that will cause some sueveyed warp points to show up on the unsurveyed list and you have to resurvey them to clear them. The way to avoid this bug is to do a system scan before the first survey you perform in a new system.

This is useful information, since home system WP suddenly appeared on my turn in the unsurveyed listing. Useful information. But I do NOT plan to use actions to resurvey these. Thanks for the bug info!

Octus Imperium