Rolling Thunder Forums

ICE-1

Hughestrog

Mental note: add ICE-1 to the exclusion list... :huh:

Yes. That and Power... Now that I know that Power can be found via EXPL, as well. And that it vanishes once it appears on a planet, as well. (Although with far less interesting results. The worst that happens is that all the inhabitants' fur stands out on end due the sudden static discharge into the city structures.) :nuke:

TErnest

ICE-1 is consssidered a poor item for resssearch purposssesss.

You could allwaysss do a change to your OC ALL to exclude ICE-1 through whatever level you choossse.  I have done ssso through ICE-4

CTO, Sssarasss

Now that is something I have not done. Just did ICE-1 on the exclusion list, not up through anything else. Hope I didn't find any this turn! :nuke:

Octus

At least someone seems to have found a "Type B Plasma Torpedo" (check the battle reports).

I doubt, that he has developed it at that point of the game.

That would be a pretty high item up the ladder.

I think, there is a cap in relation to your current technology level, not a fixed one.

Cestvel

At least someone seems to have found a "Type B Plasma Torpedo" (check the battle reports).

I think, there is a cap in relation to your current technology level, not a fixed one.

Cestvel

I did not find any Type B Plasma Torpedo's. Using diplomacy I convinced what was termed an "advanced neutral" to join the Concordium. And was I surprised by what they had in their stockpile in joining. Mk I Antimatter engines. Mk III Force Shields. Type B Plasma Torpedos. At the time I got this bonanza, no one that I knew of had developed any of these or knew any of the prereqs (though once I did the analyzes, I did realize several folks were getting close to completing the prereqs).

Since then, all the other Neutrals to join have been rather a bust ... except for the one with the pile of System Drones. Now, if only I could do something with all the damaged or broken installations on the neutrals.....

Cestvel

I did not find any Type B Plasma Torpedo's. Using diplomacy I convinced what was termed an "advanced neutral" to join the Concordium. And was I surprised by what they had in their stockpile in joining. Mk I Antimatter engines. Mk III Force Shields. Type B Plasma Torpedos. At the time I got this bonanza, no one that I knew of had developed any of these or knew any of the prereqs (though once I did the analyzes, I did realize several folks were getting close to completing the prereqs).

Since then, all the other Neutrals to join have been rather a bust ... except for the one with the pile of System Drones. Now, if only I could do something with all the damaged or broken installations on the neutrals.....

I take it that you couldn't make them (the Type B Plasma Torp) after the neutral joined?

All those Scientists figuring you're soooooo great you can go and develop them for yourself?

No research bonus towards it?

[

I take it that you couldn't make them (the Type B Plasma Torp) after the neutral joined?

All those Scientists figuring you're soooooo great you can go and develop them for yourself?

No research bonus towards it?

Nothing. Nada. Zip. I did do ANZ's of the items, so I learned the prereqs. I was able to trade the prereqs to several others to get the prereqs/descriptions on several other items. So I netted information on about 9 items all together once the trades were done. Beyond that, no bonuses or anything else. At least the scientists were able to figure out which way to point the thing when firing, and which button to push.