Rolling Thunder Forums

Convoy Routes

Hughestrog

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, back to the "Global Exclude" option if you would please. I've seen it and have read a bit about it here (in conjunction with the ICE-x questions), but don't fully understand how it works.

Are you saying that if I were to write a LC order, and in the first slot choose "Global Exclude", then anything in the following slots not be loaded forever?

For instance, I want to load mined materials from a colony world, but do not want to load up construction materials which were just brought out on the outbound leg. Up till now, I've always issued a LC order, then included any potential resource that could be mined at that planet along with a quantity of 9999999. That gets tedious especially on worlds with many potential resources.

Can anyone provide a concrete example on how to write an order that would exclude construction materials, but include all other resources?

Thanks for the help.

You don't write such an order. You put ConMats in your global exclude for LC and don't worry about it from then on out. You can still specifically LC ConMats, they just won't be considered in an LC ALL.

How would it work?

Unless you start a Convoy [CNVR], yu name it 'Bob's Chedder Cheese', issue some orders, then create a new Convoy 'Bob's Shropshire Blue', issue orders, finish 'Bob's Shropshire Blue' then issue some orders, then finish 'Bob's Chedder Cheese'.

Would that work?

No, don't think so. What we're thinking is this....

You have 2 Convoy Routes, the first is 'Go to System B from A' the second is 'Go to System C from B'.

I now wish to have a route that is effectively wants to go straight from A to C and using the same waypoints. So, that might be a lot of orders. What we'd like to have is:

Copy Convoy Route (CCNV), 'Go to System B from A', 'Go to System C from A'

i.e. this creates a new one, new name, from the first example.

Then,

Add Convoy Route (ACNV), 'Go to System C from A', 'Go to System C from B'

This then adds the second example to the new, copied, route and the new one will do almost exactly what we want, and we can tweak it if necessary - FBPs are created in a similar way - a copy is made and then tweaked.

M2CW

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

Ok, back to the "Global Exclude" option if you would please.  I've seen it and have read a bit about it here (in conjunction with the ICE-x questions), but don't fully understand how it works.

Are you saying that if I were to write a LC order, and in the first slot choose "Global Exclude", then anything in the following slots not be loaded forever? 

For instance, I want to load mined materials from a colony world, but do not want to load up construction materials which were just brought out on the outbound leg.  Up till now, I've always issued a LC order, then included any potential resource that could be mined at that planet along with a quantity of 9999999.  That gets tedious especially on worlds with many potential resources.

Can anyone provide a concrete example on how to write an order that would exclude construction materials, but include all other resources?

Thanks for the help.

Global Exclusion lists for LC (Load Cargo) and OC (Offload Cargo) have been added. During execution of an LC, ALL order, if an item is found in the Load Cargo exclusion list, that item will not load. It is skipped as if it was not present in the population group. The same is true for OC, ALL orders - items in Fleet Cargo will be skipped if they are encountered during an OC, ALL order and are listed in your OC exclusion list. To add items to your LC exclusion list, issue an LC order with the special keyword GLOBAL EXCLUDE as the first item. Example: 'LC, 12345, 25, GLOBAL EXCLUDE, 0, Processed Radioactives, 0, Light Beam Laser, 0' would add Processed Radioactives and Light Beam Laser to your LC exclude list. This order acts like a toggle, so if either or both of those items happened to be on your LC exclude list already, they would be removed. 'OC, 12345, 501, GLOBAL EXCLUDE, 0, Fuel, 0, Light Drone, 0, Interceptor, 0' would add Fuel, Light Drone and Interceptor to your OC exclude list (or remove them if already on that list). These lists are only checked when an LC, ALL or OC, ALL order is encountered. It is also checked if you happen to enter an LC, ALL NO FUEL or OC, ALL NO FUEL order. Imperial Flag has been added to the LC exclusion list for every empire. The population group and fleet #'s entered in these GLOBAL EXCLUDE LC and OC orders do not matter, because these are global lists used for your entire empire. You can still use the ALL NO FUEL option if you like, but this system sort of replaces it - you could simply add Fuel to your LC exclude list.

Re: Global excludes....

Note to Pete/Russ for next version of SN Turn Entry:

I sent in an OC Global Exclude order this turn and was surprised to find that the turn entry program didn't have "GLOBAL EXCLUDE" in the drop down list for the first item - had me rechecking the rules for a while :thumbsup:

I sent in an OC Global Exclude order this turn and was surprised to find that the turn entry program didn't have "GLOBAL EXCLUDE" in the drop down list for the first item - had me rechecking the rules for a while  :thumbsup:

It is in mine. I guess you must have an older version of the program. Mine is dated 2004-04-24, 808 kB.

You're right! I must have missed an upgrade somewhere along the way :beer:

I sent in an OC Global Exclude order this turn and was surprised to find that the turn entry program didn't have "GLOBAL EXCLUDE" in the drop down list for the first item - had me rechecking the rules for a while  :)

It is in mine. I guess you must have an older version of the program. Mine is dated 2004-04-24, 808 kB.

I would really like to be able to copy an entire convoy route and then modify one or the other. Just like you now have to create new battle plans. It gets to be a bit of a pain when creating a convoy route that travesl through 20 + sytems and you need to then split it into different directions. Redoing the entire route is just a tad depressing.

I would also like to be able to specify a stop priority. I run very high AP fleets now and I don't always want a fleet to just keep going. So if you have a route that is 15 long and you want to get off at stop #9 you would be able to have to fleet run the convoy route until you get to stop #9 and then stop. Or else if you wanted it to run continuously then that option could be selected.

As long as we are wishing...

:beer:

Is there a way to modify one line in a Convoy Route?

I just noticed that no Domed Cities were on a specific planet because the order for the LC included 5000 Construction Materials (Not 5000 Improved Construction Materials...) I think HBOB must have spiked my cola when i was typing those orders! :)

Yes there is a way to modofy a single line but it is very order intensive. I would suggest an XLC which will run before the convoy route or I would just use the fleet in manual mode to send over enough to do you for the forseable future. This would be a one time build since your city need is finite.

:)

Thanks Hobknob

I had not thought of using XLC orders! Of course i will have to XOC the 5000 Con Mats to make room... But it would still take less orders than creating another convoy route.