• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought would be to add an order with

CNVR Convoy Route

LC Improved CM, 5000

CNVR Convoy Route

ECNV to change the order to just before your other LC with CM

Thisss helpsss if you do have multi-AP ssshipsss, well the XLC will only work on the firssst run. And unlessssss you have extra cargo ssspace you won't pick up the extra CM.

Otherwissse you do the above as you waned the firssst LC on the route to be and remove the firssst LC and change the new one to the old number after deleting the firssst one.

CTO, Sssarasss

Is there a way to modify one line in a Convoy Route?

I just noticed that no Domed Cities were on a specific planet because the order for the LC included 5000 Construction Materials (Not 5000 Improved Construction Materials...) I think HBOB must have spiked my cola when i was typing those orders!

Personally I think the cleanest way is to use 5 orders to perform the replacement (CNVR, New Order, CNVR, ECNV the old order, ECNV to insert the new). Then you avoid the issue of multiple AP ships etc.

I would really like to be able to copy an entire convoy route and then modify one or the other.  Just like you now have to create new battle plans.  It gets to be a bit of a pain when creating a convoy route that travesl through 20 + sytems and you need to then split it into different directions.  Redoing the entire route is just a tad depressing.

I would also like to be able to specify a stop priority.  I run very high AP fleets now and I don't always want a fleet to just keep going.  So if you have a route that is 15 long and you want to get off at stop #9 you would be able to have to fleet run the convoy route until you get to stop #9 and then stop.  Or else if you wanted it to run continuously then that option could be selected.

As long as we are wishing...

;)

I have to second the good Ur Lord's and Hobknob suggestions. Basic empire management quickly becomes order-intensive when convoy routes are involved. Being able to copy routes and edit them like Fleet Battle Plans would be very helpful.

Needing to issue five orders to edit a single line of a CONV route is awfully expensive:

CNVR ()

XXX *record new order*

CNVR ()

ECNV *delete old order*

ECNV *insert new order to correct position*

This and calling a CONV route from within another CONV route would be :thumbsup:

-LX

Actually, 5 orders is cheap by comparison. Think about it. If Pete & Russ didn't give us the convoy route to begin with, Empire management would be a whole helluva lot more expensive than 5 orders once in a blue moon.

Sakarissa  ;)

True. Remember, however, that the first incarnation of the SRP order required us to individually change RC slots. 25 orders to completely redo your research was deemed too expensive (rightly so in my opinion).

With the CONV orders a nice mechanism was introduced to automate features of colonization, trade, etc. Anything that expands the ease of managing our empires without disrupting play balance is a good thing in my book. (I think the combat clarifications that are being worked on are the most important improvement to the game in progress, so I'm not asking those be put aside to develop the CONV mechanism more. I just hope that it stays on the to-do as a priority item once the combat stuff is resolved.) Currently it is easier to completely rewrite CONV routes than modify them, and while not a huge problem it just doesn't seem the best it could be.

The five orders thing doesn't bother me too much (I modify routes enough regardless) but I think that it would be better if they could work like the Force Battle Plans. It would be especially nice to copy long routes and then tweak them - to be honest I think I'd end up spending a lot more orders (at least in the short term) doing a lot of changes to routes that I've been thinking about doing but always put off because of the effort involved.

-LX

Regarding the EXCLUDE order:

I also discovered that the version of the order entry program that I was using was not the most recent. In actuality, the most recent post on this board is not the most recent. I was able to dig up an "Old" version that I had saved that actually allows you to EXCLUDE individual items when using a LC or OC order. This is especially useful in convoy routes. For example:

CNVR Bring It Over

LC 12345, 999, Construction Materials, 25000, Colonists, 50, Processed Rads, 1000

NM 999, Sol, 7a

OC 999, 98765, ALL

CON 50, Iron Mines, 98765

LC 98765, 999, ALL, 0, Processed Rads, EXCLUDE, Construction Mats, EXCLUDE

NM 999, Sol, 5

OC 999, 12345, ALL

CNVR Bring It Over

In the example above the EXCLUDE is not global to all LC / OC orders but is specific to the actual order. If you don't have this option available in your order entry program then you will need an older version of the program which is NOT the one posted on this forum. There was a brief period where this version was available but is not on the boards now. The one posted does not have this option.

Pete may have to check this and post another message with attachment for the EXCLUDE version of the order entry program.

There is nothing in the rules that I can find.

Other, wiser players may have a quicker way but the only way I can think of to do so would be to issue ECNV orders, one for each order, by changing the priority to 0. I am not sure you need to remove the fleets beforehand but I would do so just to be safe.

There is nothing in the rules that I can find.

Other, wiser players may have a quicker way but the only way I can think of to do so would be to issue ECNV orders, one for each order, by changing the priority to 0. I am not sure you need to remove the fleets beforehand but I would do so just to be safe.

B)

Somehow we don't think that's on the cards.....

We would like to summarise the plea for the future of convoy routes:

1. CCNV, 'Current Convoy Route', 'New Convoy Route' - to make one by copying

2. ACNV, 'CR1', 'CR2' - to append CR2 to the end of CR1

3. DCNV, 'Convoy Route' - to delete a convoy route entirely (and keep things tidy)

For the Oracle's consideration?

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

And one big question (looked but could not find... unless I am blind)

How do you delete a Route? 

Hate to have page after page of routes that are no longer needed.

This have come up before and has been answered before:

ECNV "convoy route name" CLEAR ALL

The input progam displays "CLEAR ALL" in the dropdown menu.