Rolling Thunder Forums

Lynch mob forms...

RTGRuss

Russ

Thanks for the info ... it gives me another factor to consider and really helps to add new depth to the game. :laugh: It's a shame I'm not playing SNROTE any more (for personal reasons -- I still miss it and still look on this message board from time to time, still thinking I will return one day).

I disagree with Gervais. One thing a business needs is feedback from its customers, so it can react before its customers go away. Therefore, "whinos" should be welcomed!

Limey O'Riley

There is constructive criticism on one side and ad hominem attacks on the other when it comes to people's complaints about the game. The game does have a lot of depth, which is most cool. The game also has alot of gaps, which is most uncool.

Ultimately, it comes down to a simple question:

Are you getting the enjoyment you expect for the money you are spending?

If your answer is YES -- keep on, keeping on with what you are doing.

If your answer is NO -- lower your investment level (fiscally, emotionally, etc.), even if that means down to Zero (you leave the game).

Personally, I frequent these boards less and less, as the signal to noise ratio has gotten nearly intolerable. Occassionally, a nugget or two of useful information surfaces, but mostly its devolved to idle speculation or the hurling of invectives. :) To each their own ...

-SK :laugh:

P.S. I would still like to know if multiple Warp Survey Sensors use a steady or regressive formula.

This has long since been calculated in excruciating detail by various players - the answer is out there :laugh:

One thing I will add: if it happens that a scientist or explorer is dubbed the new Emperor by means of a Revolution order results, he will be called Emperor but is still a scientist or explorer for warp point survey purposes.

P.S. I would still like to know if multiple Warp Survey Sensors use a steady or regressive formula.

This has long since been calculated in excruciating detail by various players - the answer is out there ;)

One thing I will add: if it happens that a scientist or explorer is dubbed the new Emperor by means of a Revolution order results, he will be called Emperor but is still a scientist or explorer for warp point survey purposes.

A player confirmed that its regressive. (That's all I needed)

Welcome back to the world of the living Pete!

:huh: It means each successive addition is worth less than the one before it.

Just like the FTL drives in my homegrown scifi universe, Pete and Russ tend to like using square roots. In order to double the output, you need to quadruple the input. Want three times as much research? Use 9 RCs. Etc.

:huh: It means each successive addition is worth less than the one before it.

Just like the FTL drives in my homegrown scifi universe, Pete and Russ tend to like using square roots.  In order to double the output, you need to quadruple the input.  Want three times as much research? Use 9 RCs.  Etc.

Ahhh, well why didn't you just say that. :P

There is constructive criticism on one side and ad hominem attacks on the other when it comes to people's complaints about the game.  The game does have a lot of depth, which is most cool.  The game also has alot of gaps, which is most uncool.

Ultimately, it comes down to a simple question:

Are you getting the enjoyment you expect for the money you are spending?

If your answer is YES -- keep on, keeping on with what you are doing.

If your answer is NO -- lower your investment level (fiscally, emotionally, etc.), even if that means down to Zero (you leave the game).

Personally, I frequent these boards less and less, as the signal to noise ratio has gotten nearly intolerable.  Occassionally, a nugget or two of useful information surfaces, but mostly its devolved to idle speculation or the hurling of invectives.  :P To each their own ...

-SK  :huh:

I concur completely with Shadowkitsune, including the comment about the boards.

Mark