Rolling Thunder Forums

Finding out the average exploration rate.

Aquilonia

How many systems did you explore so far?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sounds like you have a nice setup. What you've described seems relatively straight forward. What pathfinding program do you use?

I have programmed a quick and somewhat dirty c++/ADO Program on Windows,

which works on the mdb-Files. You can find it here:

SNFindPath.zip

I'm a cross-platform C++ programmer so I get my share of Linux too. I have a Linux box here, though its pretty underutilized. For this game I've created a SQL Server database and intend to use C# and ADO.NET for my interfaces. My primary purpose was to explore those technologies while I had fun with the game. Unfortunately I've been working 60 and 70 hour weeks for several months now. Its been tough enough to get my turns cranked out, much less code when I get home. My hours have returned to normal, but I'm still pretty burnt out. I hope to get started again soon.

I have done my helper programs with perl and DB2. But conversion to other

database engines using the DBI-Interface in perl should be easy.

These tools help me a lot (last addition is a production queue planner).

Cestvel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a knuckle head trying to limp around you IT guys with my excel and visio dummy level capability. I try not to be discouraged, but then again, I enjoy putsing around with what little I know. Just having fun with SN:ROTE and hoping I'm not set up too close to one of you expert data crunchers with evil intent....

Is it late Friday night yet?

Octus Imperium

Just a knuckle head trying to limp around you IT guys with my excel and visio dummy level capability. I try not to be discouraged, but then again, I enjoy putsing around with what little I know. Just having fun with SN:ROTE and hoping I'm not set up too close to one of you expert data crunchers with evil intent....

Octus Imperium

Hey, don't knock the simple approach. Some of us IT guys may still be working on that pie in the sky dream program years from now. Meanwhile, the 'I write my stats in the back yard with a stick' guy sneaks up and takes our home world!

:cheers:

I'm a cross-platform C++ programmer so I get my share of Linux too. I have a Linux box here, though its pretty underutilized. For this game I've created a SQL Server database and intend to use C# and ADO.NET for my interfaces.

:cheers: ?????

:ph34r: !!!!!!!!

Oh. :drunk: wait. :robot: Hey, you're not sneaking up on my home world are you!?! :cheers: <looking around in a blind panic>

Octus Imperium

Hey, don't knock the simple approach. Some of us IT guys may still be working on that pie in the sky dream program years from now. Meanwhile, the 'I write my stats in the back yard with a stick' guy sneaks up and takes our home world!

:jawdrop:

I guess the spy function is now working. Otherwise, how did you know about my stick?!? (actually, it's two sticks, but those spies rarely get it 100% correct)

:ninja:

I'm a cross-platform C++ programmer so I get my share of Linux too. I have a Linux box here, though its pretty underutilized. For this game I've created a SQL Server database and intend to use C# and ADO.NET for my interfaces.

:blink: ?????

:jawdrop: !!!!!!!!

Oh. :( wait. :o Hey, you're not sneaking up on my home world are you!?! :ninja: <looking around in a blind panic>

Actually, we're using it for our #1 tourist destination. :D

Actually, we're using it for our #1 tourist destination.  :jawdrop:

Oh, well that's alright then! Our friendly tourist guides are very good.

"If you'll kindly look to your right you will see ice. Now if you'll please look to your left you'll see some COMPLETELY different ice. Don't stand still for too long Mr. SEVobnork, we don't really want to add you to the exhibit! Though ..." :ninja:

"If you'll kindly look to your right you will see ice.  Now if you'll please look to your left you'll see some COMPLETELY different ice. Don't stand still for too long Mr. SEVobnork, we don't really want to add you to the exhibit! Though ..."  :ninja:

Now how did you know that my homeworld is really cold.

Or, how did I know that your's is really cold?

:jawdrop: