Rolling Thunder Forums

SuperNova's Most Wanted

NeilGartner

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being one of the Grognards of the Boards, I can attest to the fact that a few vocal empires could be considered for Most Wanted status -- MMB's Pirates "The Eyre" and the Ghoraan (sp?), are both good examples. Phoenix Arisen has more of a binary diplomatic philosophy: "Either you are with us or you're against us." So you can decide for yourself it that makes them among the most wanted. However, I have no idea how many Empires are out there that don't really say much on the boards but have the "Shoot First, Shoot Second and Loot the Corpse" mentality.

However you perceive these folks, they add to this community. Ghorjhan roleplays his empire well as has MMB. PA as a group is a little more of a mystery as some of them have been kind to me in the past and shared basic information. I appreciate their openness in that regard. I would also add Azuth and Slish to my list of well Role Played baddies. I am sure there are others and I don't mean to slight them by leaving them off (not that this will matter to them). :cheers:

I too must say that I appreciate players like Gjorhaan who roleplay their threatening the entire galaxy with a reign of blood and fire :ranting:

:cheers:

/Locklyn

PA as a group is a little more of a mystery as some of them have been kind to me in the past and shared basic information. I appreciate their openness in that regard.

Just to clarify for those who may not know:

Our goal - we intend to win.

Our Beliefs:

We, the members of Phoenix Arisen, in order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice and insure Galactic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the members of our alliance.

We believe that a perfect union is one where the members share our point of view.

We stand for our way of life and the rule of Justice, not law.

We believe that the way to galactic tranquility is through the elimination of sources of dis-ease.

We shall strictly and enthusiastically defend all territories and borders from those who do not share our beliefs.

We shall promote the welfare of our constituents through research support and open trade.

We ensure the liberty of the beings within our 2,787 systems sphere of control through an active and aggressive expansion of our buffer zones.

We adhere to the logic of strength and the wisdom of Sun Tzu.

We tolerate no deceit.

Should an empire encroach upon our borders we shall let them know.

Hmmm. I wonder if you would appreciate them as much if they were lurking somewhere in the shadows surrounding -your- empire!

-Sha'thar, Clan Eldress and frantic builder of ships...

I too must say that I appreciate players like Gjorhaan who roleplay their threatening the entire galaxy with a reign of blood and fire :nuke:

:woohoo:

/Locklyn

We, the members of Phoenix Arisen, in order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice and insure Galactic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the members of our alliance.

We believe that a perfect union is one where the members share our point of view ... no individuals or free thinking allowed.

We stand for our way of life and the rule of Justice, not law ... as long as it's our view of Justice.

We believe that the way to galactic tranquility is through the elimination of sources of dis-ease .... and you are the dis-ease.

We shall strictly and enthusiastically defend all territories and borders from those who do not share our beliefs ... using very broad terms for "our borders" and "our territories" as fits "our requirements".

We shall promote the welfare of our constituents through research support and open trade ... and the plundering of your worlds if we have a chance

We ensure the liberty of the beings within our 2,787 (um, more like 50) systems sphere of control through an active and aggressive expansion of our buffer zones ... and your Homeworld happens to be in the Buffer zone.

We adhere to the logic of strength and the wisdom of Sun Tzu ... alright, we left this one in the list for comic relief.

We tolerate no deceit ... by non-PA members to the PA.  Deceit by PA members towards PA is acceptable and encouraged.

Should an empire encroach upon our borders we shall let them know ... by declaring war and attacking

Sorry .. I had to add some corrections to the PA statutes :D

Broadcast from the former Bashkar (crushed PA member) homeworld

Simulcast from the homeworld of The Colony (ex-PA member, freed by a coup d'état)

and the Apshai homeworld (yep, still standing, thanks to allied help)

Is the PA really 'wanted' these days? :D

Its most notorious member is gone and its flagship empire destroyed. (Its most helpful member is sorely missed though /wave Ed :ranting: )

What I wanna know...where did all the pirates go!?!

I expected to see lots more of these on the forums: :D:woohoo:<_<

:D

Actually pirates would be a great part of the game, but the capturing of ships and conducting simple economic warfare has become problematical because of the ship capturing connundrum.

The Oracle had to make capturing less likely because of the abuse of some who wanted to transfer fleets to each other.

Whilst it would be great to get it back in, in a sensible form, there are other things of higher priority to do.

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric