Rolling Thunder Forums

SuperNova's Most Wanted

NeilGartner

So the curious now have to ask what it takes to capture a ship? I wasn't aware the rules for it had been changed...then again I haven't had a fight with anyone, so my ignorance is pretty high on the subject.

Lord SaHeru

The simple answer is that is has become much less likely that a ship is captured rather than destroyed in the course of a battle, given that the attacker has things like Stun Weapons, Tractor Beams, Characters and greater speed (all good guesses).

This is because some players were trying to give each other ships using this method - if not entire fleets.... :angry:

So, sadly, the liklihood of cloaked pirates stealing your merchant and trading ships is much less than we all originally thought....

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the curious now have to ask what it takes to capture a ship? I wasn't aware the rules for it had been changed...then again I haven't had a fight with anyone, so my ignorance is pretty high on the subject.

Lord SaHeru

I have heard that if your ship is reasonably fast(ie lots of engines) has quite a few 'tractor' type

weapons and is also equipped with 'Stun' type weapons that it had a good chance of capturing

another vessel. There was also talk of boarding with marines so maybe a troop berthing or

2 would help as well as some boarding shuttles?

All conjecture at this point though as we have'nt had the oppurtunity to test any of this

:angry:

Instead of capturing ships how about just allowing the capture of cargo. This would eliminate the "giving" of ships as mentioned in the previous post but still allow a pirate-like action.

Pirate ships waiting along a convoy route of some unsuspecting empire sounds like fun unless it is your convoy route. :cheers:

Thoughts?? :angry:

Takeda

Instead of capturing ships how about just allowing the capture of cargo. This would eliminate the "giving" of ships as mentioned in the previous post but still allow a pirate-like action. 

Pirate ships waiting along a convoy route of some unsuspecting empire sounds like fun unless it is your convoy route.  :cheers:

Takeda

Now that's a good idea too....

Perhaps the Oracle could consider that? It could also apply to Fighters and Drones......

Is the PA really 'wanted' these days?  :angry:

Its most notorious member is gone and its flagship empire destroyed.

Valkor Press Release

Valkor is doing its level best to ensure the "destroyed" part mentioned by the friendly sunflower empire. Admiral Halsey, commander of Borebor Cluster operations for the allied powers, just just completed the hunt for 2 more Eyre CA's known to be terrorizing friendly colonies. While Adm Halsey had more tonnage and more ships, the enemy ships possessed double the firepower of his fleet. Undeterred, Adm Halsey ordered the warp point assault to commence as soon as elements of the Fleet Scouts reported the location of the hated Eyre's warships. Despite the enemy's firepower advantage, they were simply not able to survive two broadsides from a Thermopylae-Class Battlecruiser. When questioned about friendly losses, Adm Halsey described them as "light", but went out of his way to point out that the loss of any brave crewman regrettable. "Losing brave troopers to the Eyre scum is not something I dwell on, but the galaxy must be made safe for our future."

Valkor Sends

**DESTROYED** [1st] CA Wanderer (Heavy Cruiser - 447,700 tons) [integrity: 615,700] (Green, Timid)

25 20cm Gauss Gun, 25 6cm Gatling CIDS, 40,000 Fuel Tankage, 2 Laser Communications Gear, 100 Light Graser

5 Mk I Long Lance Torpedo, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive, 5 Mk I Short Range Sensor, 2 Mk I Thunderbolt Arc generator

8 Mk II Standard Missile, 100 Mk III Fusion Engine, 4 Mk III Jump Survey Sensor, 30,000 Titanium Composite Armor

20 Type A Plasma Torpedo

Coherent Beam: 1,144,000, Energy Discharge: 4,400, Missile: 10,800, Plasma Torpedo: 2,112,000

Projectile: 44,000

Maneuverability: 0.893, Point Defense: 0.011, Sensors: 0.002

**DESTROYED** [4th] CA Wanderer (Heavy Cruiser - 447,700 tons) [integrity: 615,700] (Green, Timid)

Pirate ships waiting along a convoy route of some unsuspecting empire sounds like fun unless it is your convoy route.  :cheers:

Takeda

Now that's a good idea too....

Perhaps the Oracle could consider that? It could also apply to Fighters and Drones......

Maybe have all captured ships being only good for scrap back home. Lets face it, a million ton ship would be a gold mine in the resource materials it would give, especially any rare elements. :cheers:

Neil

With MMB leaving the game, I guess I will step up to the plate and attempt to become THE EVIL EMPIRE

Hmmmm .. not to promising of a start. No threats in your message, not even veiled threats. No ending with diabolical laughter. No claims of superiority. No statements of how we can never win. As a evil empire, you have a lot to be desired. Sigh .. they just don't make Evil Empires like they used to, do they now.