Rolling Thunder Forums

One way Warp Points

Hughestrog

Okay- I'll try to make this murkier than I originally did  :angry2:

My question was: because I know the location of the WP opening from D->A, can I build and tow an Orbital there to defend it?

Yes, as far as we know, you can see all the WPs in a system from the System Scan. Whilst it seems that each WP only goes to one destination, it can well be the terminus for more than one connection.

You can then place a fleet there to defend it.

And just to add to the discussion - we have found at least two instances of systems with only one WP where it's a one-way in and a one-way out.

And, if we recall correctly, we seem to remember someone mentioning that his HW was like this! Whether they finally accepted that we do not remember.....

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

My question was: because I know the location of the WP opening from D->A, can I build and tow an Orbital there to defend it?

If I understand correctly, you can tow an orbital to WP A, but not to WP D.

In other words, you can tow an orbital from a system to a WP in that same system, but you can't tow an orbital through a WP to another system.

Can any one confirm or deny this?

In other words, you can tow an orbital from a system to a WP in that same system, but you can't tow an orbital through a WP to another system.

That's correct. You cannot tow an orbital (or anything?) through a WP.

That's correct. You cannot tow an orbital (or anything?) through a WP.

At this time. :cheers: