Rolling Thunder Forums

is moderate really moderate ?

rotor911

It should also be noted that moderate attrition for one lifeform could be different that a moderate for another lifeform.  You are truly on your own when it comes to the attrition game.

IMHO it is rarely worth building colonies on any world with attrition.  There are the few gems that fall out but for the most part it isn't worth it.  In the end it will cost you more time efort and pop than it is worth.  So if you find yourself in this predicament ten start researching species engineering and civil engineering to get better installations.

Have fun..

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Although I appreciate your input, I don't like it :ranting: My home system has 15 bodies that otherwise are coloniable except that in every case, the cvs results were in the ranges of "very high" to "prohibitively high". :ph34r:

{ Okay Scientists, I've invested good bucks into you. Where are my Domed Cities? }

Seriously tho' this thread has probably saved me a massive amount of time and goods. Keep up the good works all.

Larry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slight is "better" than moderate, right? (sorry, english is not my main language)

Here's a short list of Attrition levels from most desirable to least desirable:

Ideal (No Attrition)

Less than Ideal

Very Low

Low

Moderate

High

Very High

Very Nearly Prohibitive

Prohibitive (90%+ Attrition)

I hope that helps.

-SK :cheers:

I have never seen Prohibative come up. But, there is

Extremely Low (between Very Low and Less than Ideal)

Extremely High (between Very High and VNP)

My list goes

Ideal, Nearly Ideal, ExLow, Very Low, Low, Moderate, High, Very High, ExHigh, VNP (and add in Prohibative .. making Moderate the center point).

All we have on that world are hydro stations, mines, and religious centers.

Heck, the first turn we colonized we dropped 100 people and didn't build anything, just to see what the percentage was going to be. 0, as it turns out.

No, we're not complaining, just commenting that there are a LOT of factors and we don't know them all.

Sometimes the world is worth the attrition like the 900 Iron 650 Crystals and 600 Light Metals Asteroid Belt that sees the death of a 100 citizens per turn :cheers:

:ranting:

/Locklyn

Asteroid belts are fine, it's just those 273K terrestial worlds that are killers  :cheers:

Ahh, nice warm summer planets!

Extra Imperial Resorts!

Chief Existentialist to Ur-Lord Tedric

PS Actually we believe that any race with a HW temp of less than 150K should have their production havled! They would just move sooooooo slowly.... :ranting:

Asteroid belts are fine, it's just those 273K terrestial worlds that are killers  :cheers:

Extra Imperial Resorts!

PS Actually we believe that any race with a HW temp of less than 150K should have their production havled! They would just move sooooooo slowly.... :ranting:

OK- and have research increased!

Extra Imperial Resorts!

PS Actually we believe that any race with a HW temp of less than 150K should have their production havled! They would just move sooooooo slowly.... :P

In fact you would have to at least triple our production. We have to move soooooo quickly just to keep warm! Work is our friend! Well, that and very high reproductive rates! :P

If I am correct, some of the racial bonuses such as a higher Constitution do not factor in the initial CSV of a planet. That would account for some of the worlds listing a much higher attrition than what we are actually experiencing. I remember reading this on some thread some time ago but I have no idea where it is.

In a galaxy far, far away... (3 days left!!!)

f I am correct, some of the racial bonuses such as a higher Constitution do not factor in the initial CSV of a planet.

Could there be a difference wether you specify 0 or a specific population group in the csv order?

I think so.

If you CSV with no pop group then you'll get the raw CSV figures.

If you CSV with a pop group, you'll get your racial bonuses figured in.

If the pop group has installations in it then those will be calculated in as well.

So, potentially, with care, you could establish a base line, then see how your racial mods help, then see how individual installations help.

If you CSV with no pop group then you'll get the raw CSV figures.

If you CSV with a pop group, you'll get your racial bonuses figured in.

If the pop group has installations in it then those will be calculated in as well.

So, potentially, with care, you could establish a base line, then see how your racial mods help, then see how individual installations help.

Thanks Drasn. I will try that next time I CSV something and see if there is a difference. :cheers: