Rolling Thunder Forums

is moderate really moderate ?

rotor911

f I am correct, some of the racial bonuses such as a higher Constitution do not factor in the initial CSV of a planet.

Could there be a difference wether you specify 0 or a specific population group in the csv order?

I think so.

If you CSV with no pop group then you'll get the raw CSV figures.

If you CSV with a pop group, you'll get your racial bonuses figured in.

If the pop group has installations in it then those will be calculated in as well.

So, potentially, with care, you could establish a base line, then see how your racial mods help, then see how individual installations help.

Good idea- must try that soon!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Drasn. I will try that next time I CSV something and see if there is a difference. :robot:

Ha! So the old hands are taking advice from the noobs now! :oops:

Guy's, I haven't actually tried this. :woohoo: This is what I'd gathered from the Order Supplement and from these forums. I thought I was stating general knowledge!

I'm pretty sure it's true, but I can't prove it from my own turn sheets yet. So far I've only colonized a number of Ideal worlds. They always CSV as Ideal regardless of the presence of a pop group, so I have no concrete proof yet. :nuke:

Ha! So the old hands are taking advice from the noobs now! blink.gif

Guy's, I haven't actually tried this. blush.gif This is what I'd gathered from the Order Supplement and from these forums. I thought I was stating general knowledge!

I'm pretty sure it's true, but I can't prove it from my own turn sheets yet. So far I've only colonized a number of Ideal worlds. They always CSV as Ideal regardless of the presence of a pop group, so I have no concrete proof yet. poster_oops.gif

I wasn't assuming you did have proof. I just thought it was a good idea.

Noobs do have good ideas. I should know I was one once.

Therefore I will try it out and see if it works. :woohoo:

I feel compelled to point out that ideal worlds can suffer attrition too. Just because a world CSV's ideal does not mean that you won't have some attrition.

Just remember to park your common sense at the door....

The better your lifeform for colonization the less attrition you suffer and the worse the CB bar is the more you suffer.

:D:D

I feel compelled to point out that ideal worlds can suffer attrition too.  Just because a world CSV's ideal does not mean that you won't have some attrition. 

Just remember to park your common sense at the door....

The better your lifeform for colonization the less attrition you suffer and the worse the CB bar is the more you suffer. 

:cheers:  :angry:

Interesting, so even if though the world is "ideal" it might still be worth building those cities, domed cities, fluid conversion plants, etc?

Ideal doesn't mean zero attrition, especially once you get into the higher sized colonies. What you could do is build some of the lower-cost installations like cities and colonial training centers. They might be unneeded for awhile, but they are cheap and if they keep you from having to worry about attrition when your pop gets to the 1K or higher stage, then its probably a good investment.

Option 2 is to ignore them until you start suffering attrition and THEN start building the appropriate buildings.

Ideal doesn't mean zero attrition, especially once you get into the higher sized colonies.  What you could do is build some of the lower-cost installations like cities and colonial training centers.  They might be unneeded for awhile, but they are cheap and if they keep you from having to worry about attrition when your pop gets to the 1K or higher stage, then its probably a good investment.

Option 2 is to ignore them until you start suffering attrition and THEN start building the appropriate buildings.

I'm on a handful of "ideal" worlds so far (all of these have pops over 1,000) and haven't bumped into any crazy issues (yet)

Keeping petals crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
f I am correct, some of the racial bonuses such as a higher Constitution do not factor in the initial CSV of a planet.

Could there be a difference wether you specify 0 or a specific population group in the csv order?

I think so.

If you CSV with no pop group then you'll get the raw CSV figures.

If you CSV with a pop group, you'll get your racial bonuses figured in.

If the pop group has installations in it then those will be calculated in as well.

So, potentially, with care, you could establish a base line, then see how your racial mods help, then see how individual installations help.

I checked this out on my last turn and guess what. There is no difference on the CSV result if you put a pop group as the target or a 0. I even tried two different pop groups and got the same result each time.

I checked this out on my last turn and guess what. There is no difference on the CSV result if you put a pop group as the target or a 0. I even tried two different pop groups and got the same result each time.

Ali,

Did you have different iInstaliatins in each POP group? Cities, Domed cities, Ducks, etc. anything that would effect the attrition level of the 2 pop groups?

Hrm ...

That is very interesting Ali-t-akua since I have never had that occur. Heck, I've even had the attrition get worse with some installations... :P ... which I found odd, but since the Pop Values were so low and the CSV is based on proportional values ...

<shrug> I'm sure there is an axiom somewhere that states that the more complex something is the more vulnerable it is to something simple. :cheers:

-SK :cheers:

Ali,

Did you have different iInstaliatins in each POP group? Cities, Domed cities, Ducks, etc. anything that would effect the attrition level of the 2 pop groups?

Yes, I used my HW, my largest colony which has domed cities and no pop group. I had expected that the HW and no pop groups to be the same but I had expected some impact from the colony pop group as the target world had a significant attrition effect from atmosphere. All three had identical results.

Ali,

Yes, I used my HW, my largest colony which has domed cities and no pop group. I had expected that the HW and no pop groups to be the same but I had expected some impact from the colony pop group as the target world had a significant attrition effect from atmosphere. All three had identical results.

If the atrition is not caused by atmosphere OR the atmosphere attrition is sooo way of, that even reducting it with domed cities does not put in under the max attrition value, you may see no difference.

Cestvel

If you want to see the differences installations make you need to find a planet with problems you can correct and add installions one at a time while doing a CSV after each new installtion is added. You will then see what the differences are within that pop group.

:P:cheers: