Rolling Thunder Forums

Team game

heavyB

I suggest to left Canada unplayed.

Put Iceland, Ireland, Great Britain and the US to one team and all the russian positions to another. The russian positions are stron enought to play as one team. The second advantage is the size of the russian positions it is not easy to kill them.

Anyway Kurassier is right every team should have all 4 techs. With the exception of the russian team (russian) and the naval team (2 british, 2 american).

Well, I've chewed over your input on this Dark Monk. I must respectfully disagree with your take here: first, putting the russia's on one team greatly unbalences that side of the map. Even though they are only three, this isn't enough to off set the advantage of not having anyone on the other side of them. Second, The creation of an all Island team also gives a slight advantage and althow the distance of team mates and the removal of Canada may offset this. I don't see it as practical for the type for the type of game being talked over here. As for the thech thing, I just like the idea of every one having the same tech. Sounds more challenging :angry2:

lil' PATTON! You are right if you put the team members on different points of the map. But why should we do that? Put them together to one block.

Here is a rough first suggestion: (potential targets in brakets)

1.) Russian Team (3,9,8,7)

2.) Naval Team (1,3,4,9,10)

3.) Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark (1,9)

4.) Morroco, Algeria, Portugal, Spain (10, 5)

5.) Tunesia, Lybia, Egypt, Transjordania (4,6,7)

6.) Persia, UAE, Iraq, Saudia Arabia (1,5,7)

7.) Syria, Turkey, Greece, Bulgeria (5,6,8,10)

8.) Rumania,Hungary,Czechoslovakia, Austria (1,9,10)

9.) Poland, Baltic States, Germany, Lowlands (1,3, 8,10)

10.) Italy, Swiss, France, Yugoslavia (4,7,8,9)

Due to the compact block the killing of a singel nation will be more difficult. Every team has enough problems in this setup. Have a look and ask yourself what would you do if you have to play one of these teams.

The lost of a team member should result in a huge lost of points (for example 25%).

I also suggest to remove ol NAPs at the start of the game. A declaration of war should be possible a turn 3.

Using the same tech for everybody makes the game more simple. Have you ever calculated the avarage values of the most weapon systems? They are very similar, you have only to use them in the right way. I would not play in a game with only one tech type.

Anyway we have to play the game at least one time with the team rules to balance it.

Using the same tech for everybody makes the game more simple. Have you ever calculated the avarage values of the most weapon systems? They are very similar, you have only to use them in the right way. I would not play in a game with only one tech type.

I do not know how you calculate the values. russian and german armor are superior to anything the americans and british will ever have. The longer range and better aircraft allow the americans and british to overwhelm the german and russian air units. :(

Each side has it's own abilities, but take canada with russian or german tech and you might as well quit. Take switzerland with american and see how long you last. :D

I suggested one tech to make everybody have the same strengths and weaknesses. We could all use russian and play like command and conquer, nothing but large tank battles. :angry:

I have calulated all the systems and I have fought against them all. :angry2:

I only suggested it, I would like to have only one, but would be open to play with all. But that will not anymore test skill then just having good intel and knowing your enemy has american armor, while you have a group of t-34's. He might survive, but he will not win.

DezertCamel :taz:

Hmmm the superior tank of germany and russia and the end of the game make some problems that is right. There might be a possible balance due to the airforce techs in the american and british tech pack, but I am not sure if this is enough.

Ok I finaly agree one tech pack is better. But we should use the american tech pack, it includes nearly every weapon type and it will not result in pure tank battles.

Ok I finaly agree one tech pack is better. But we should use the american tech pack, it  includes nearly every weapon type and it will not result in pure tank battles.

Personally, I don't see the advantage in using only one tech pack. I think it would be more interesting to pick your own, like in regular games.

However, if we were to use only one, I think British would be better. It has nearly everything, and is better starting out.

Just my opinion, of course. :angry2:

Kevin